Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shifter Rebuild Kit (K-50)

Featured Replies

Anyone know where to buy a new shifter rebuild kit for K-50 box (on KE70)

Or does anyone have a new shifter rebuild kit

 

Also Front and Rear oil seals

 

Swapping K-40 for a K-50 (since I use freeway quite often)

Just though I'd do a small amount of maintenance (Already got new filter and sump seal)

 

One last thing

 

Penrite 80w-90 or Castrol VMX 80?

Fitting a new front gearbox seal to a K50 will be a challenge, as the gearbox has to be deconstructed to get at it i.e. it is fitted from the inside, not under a front cover like say a T50. This makes it uneconomical for all but the most hardened Corolla nut. For the price of getting a shop to fit it, you might be better off finding one that isn't leaking, or even finding a K-T bellhousing.

 

However www.amayama.com will have them.

 

Edit, unless you mean engine main seals. In which case Amayama, or Repco et al.

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

  • Author

Fitting the replacement seal is no problem for me, The seals in it aren't leaking, But I know this box has been sitting around for some time when I got it

Plus mate runs a shop in case I need some help

I've just been struggling to find someone who sells them (not to mention how many times they though I was wanting main engine seals)

 

@Clapped Out, so your saying go penrite?

 

Also I do need to change the Plastic seat for the shifter (hence why i'm looking for a kit) it's split completely, So does amayama have that too?

Edited by KaboomJohn111

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.