Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AE86 Springs for T18 Struts?

Featured Replies

Hi Guys

I have searched and find conflicting info

Bought some T18 series 2 front struts for my Ke70. I need some lowered springs. As ae86's are more common, wondering if anyone has tried fitting them?

I have called a reputable parts supplier that advised they are different diameters and don't directly fit.

 

Cheers

 

 

USA member here so unsure of T18, but I have a 1983 E7 coupe that I've fitted AE86 struts too.

 

The most significant difference for fitting AE86 struts into an E7 chassis is the E7 chassis has 12mm more room between the strut towers....  Let that sink in.

 

What that 12mm does is change the kingpin angle of the axle/strut - So using AE86 struts(brakes) in an E7 results in positive camber - you don't want positive camber.   So if using AE86 strut tubes... you either need adjustable tops, or a longer lower control arm to adjust for the difference in kingpin angle

 

DOH ... springs.....   I'm pretty sure you can't run AE86 springs in E7 strut tubes...  I've forgotten the specifics, but it was either the lower, or upper spring retainer that has different diameters

Edited by oldeskewltoy

  • Author

Thanks for the advice guys.

looks like i will order lowered t18 springs to suit. Not sure where to get shortened shocks to suit though?

Oh and yes i have adjustable camber tops

Edited by 7000rpm

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.