Block O'ringing

Guys

Help a man out here,as you know i am getting to the upper limits of the HP capability of the ol 5K and the head gaskets are not handling the HP so what i want to do is locate a tool or make one to o'ring the block.

This engine will see another 50HP yet but without the block o'ringed it will keep frying head gaskets.

Anybody with any ideas or prior knowledge.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by madrolla68

Members dont see this ad

Quick google turned up this

http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/search.php?brand=Isky

The 3.125 one should be just small enough I think. (Works out to be about 79mm and the standard 5K bore is 80.5)

Edit: Price wise I think theyre worth a few hundred dollars. Give rocket a call and see if they'll sell direct. Otherwise I know modyourcar.com.au is a dealer so try talking to him. Its run by Dan Rucci who use to do Rollaboyz.

Quick google turned up this

http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/search.php?brand=Isky

The 3.125 one should be just small enough I think. (Works out to be about 79mm and the standard 5K bore is 80.5)

Edit: Price wise I think theyre worth a few hundred dollars. Give rocket a call and see if they'll sell direct. Otherwise I know modyourcar.com.au is a dealer so try talking to him. Its run by Dan Rucci who use to do Rollaboyz.

Thanks man,$500 bucks.

Got one on order so anyone in perth wanna o'ring there block $80.

Cheap and can do it in the car.

MAtt

Edited by madrolla68

ARP seem to have 5 Different types of headbolt for Toyotas

My *educated guess* would be that maybe a 4AG style bolt *might* fit a K series engine.

http://headbolts.com/toyota.html

ARP have 5 different part numbers for Toyotas

Toyota Universal 203-4201 $129.99

Specs: ARP Head Studs - 12 point ( 22R )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toyota Universal 203-4202 $116.99

Specs: ARP Head Studs - 12 point ( 7MGTE )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toyota Universal 203-4203 $129.99

Specs: ARP Head Studs - 12 point ( 4 AG, 16V )

Toyota Universal 203-4204 $129.99

Specs: ARP Head Studs - 12 point ( 3SGTE )

Toyota Universal 203-4205 $141.99

Specs: ARP Head Studs - 12 point ( 2JZA80 Supra )

Nick i might find out what thread they are and the length them match some up

I have a couple of 4AGs lying around, if I get a chance I might compare a K and an A stud and see if they are close

Being a toyota, K studs are bound to be interchangable with something...

Yeah i hope so,hey didn't that fella that was selling angelas turbo engine say that he had studs in that engine.

Just found this from a PM he sent me.

Untubbed 20

If you want tio use nitrous and boost i would advise you to get a head stud kit made(probally $300) as this is the only thing never done to this motor.

Edited by madrolla68

Might be worth sending him a PM

$300 sounds a lot like custom-made to me

I really do believe if you do your research you'll find that they are the same as some other ARP Toyota studs

$300 worth of "bolts" for an engine worth a carton of beer :P Better be worth it lol

Done !!!!!

MAybe if you can measure the a'series ones when you get time that would be great.