Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help - Running Ae86 Suspension On A Ke70

Featured Replies

ok first of all, hi!! :S

 

Just found this site today after browsing the net.

 

I never knew the site existed, and hve found out alot of useful info frm much reading.

 

I have a 1980 ke70 dd_12_sb.jpg her and its only done 40000 km from new, not bad for a 26 year old car!!

 

Sorry that my first post is asking for help, but thats what led me here in the first place!

 

ok, I am puting a 4age into my KE70. At the moment, it has a 4 speed 4k in it. Now, I know that to put the 4age into the KE you need the ae86 x member, and the t50 gearbox x member aswell, whish is all good.

 

Also, I know, that as the T50 is a hydrolic I need the clutch pedal and the clutch master cylinder to make the clutch work.

 

so far, so good. Let me know if I have missed anythng.

 

Now my big worry, is making my ae86 coilover fit on my KE70.

 

What do I need to make them fit???

 

I know that I need AE86 hubs, calipers.

 

do I just need the ae86 steering knuckles??

 

Pleae let me know what I need to make it all fit.

 

I was hoping that I can just keep the std KE70 steering rack and TCA too.

 

I tried a search and could find anything re this but sorry if I overlooked it when I did search.

 

I understand that what I think is right is ok, but its always best to get a second opinion!!

 

 

 

 

so, as I have ranted on, just to make it clear, WHAT DO I NEED TO FIT AE86 SUPSPENSION ON A KE70??

 

 

thanks is advance dudes.

 

Cheers

 

Adam :P

alot of 86 parts will swap into the ke70/ae71.

 

With the sruts i belive that the strut hats are backwards (mine were when i got my coilovers). Appart from that you may need to sway the steering parts I'm not so sure, becuse i just used corona parts

  • Author

Cheers peeps!! :monkey:

 

just he info I needed!!

 

Ok I do have another question though.

 

I know that once the engine is sitting in the KE (4age) on the gear box x memeber and engine x member, but what I am unsure about, is once its sitting there, what is needed to actually make it work??

 

If we forget about the wiring for now, what I am concerned with is things like throole cable, speedo cable, heat controls etc. And also, like the rad fitment (will use a AE86 one)

 

What do I need to get in preperation for my conversion as I will be obtaining all the parts this week you see, and don't want to find I am missing anything in the process.

 

I have looked through lots of other posts here but I just couldnt find anythink very detailed on the 4age conversion.

 

 

ANY INPUT PLEASE :)

 

 

Cheers

Adam :P:

  • Author

thanks mate

 

that was useful! :) didnt notice it before :monkey:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.