2tg With Su

c budge

Members dont see this ad

Elephants may be green chairs but can they sing?

Can you hear the engine running?

Do you know it's history?

What's an SU Weber? It won't have SU's on it. It may have Webers, in which case, they're worth a fair bit. If it has Solexs (weber copys) they'll be worth their weight in concrete.

Is it out of a KE30? If not the tailshaft will have to be shortened.

2T-G and T50 for $500 I'd buy regardless. But then I already have 2 going 2TG's and a couple of T50's. It would be cheap parts for me.

If you don't know the history, budget on a rebuild. If you're not real good with motors, get it professionally done, as 2TG's can be tricky.

Rule of thumb, unless you see receipts, work of the theory it ill have to be rebuilt sooner rather than later. The longer you get out of it, the better value you got.

The one I have on the engine stand puts out 200 hp and you can have for a grand. I've just rebuilt it. Honest.

See above about receipts and documentation. If he can prove it's a 170hp 2TG, if you don't buy it, I will. Otherwise......

$500 is cheap for a 2TG and T50. If it has genuine webers, it's an extemely good price, even if you have to rebuild.

Edited by Redwarf

I seriously doubt that someone would be selling a 2T with 170rwhp for $500 mate, unless it is

a) stolen

b) f@$ked

c) all of the above

But then again... there are some f@$king stupid people out there....