Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2t Engine With A 18r Transmission

Featured Replies

I recently changed my tranny from the original 2T tranny to a tranny from an 18R engine.I have a limited slip diferrential.After the change I noticed that I gained a lot of torque but my I my engine maintains a high rev even if I am already on the 5th gear. Could any body give me insights on this.

Thanks a lot.

the 18r, 18rg, and the 21r's are built for torque as far as i can remember.

 

The 18r i had and the box, was pretty close ratio, doing 4000 at 100kays in 4th if i remember, might be more.

 

My guess you have go from a longer ratio box to a shorter one, hence the reason you gained mor down low power.

  • Author
how much work is it to change the T50 to a W50? do you need a adapter plate or does it bolt across?

I used the bellhousing for a 13T transmission to fit the 18r tranny to my 2t engine. Is the 18r tranny a W50?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I am thinking of switching back to my original tranny. I get the feeling that the W50 tranny is too heavy for my 1600 engine. Any comments on this? Thanks

  • 5 weeks later...

If you don't have turbo, there is no reason not to use the standard T50 box. The T50 is nice and light and works well. If you do have turbo, you can use a W58 or similar gearbox. If you get one from a 3T-GTEU it will just bolt on. I am also told the gearbox/bellhousing from a 1G-GTE also bolts to a 2T/3T block.

 

4th gear is the same ratio in all of these transmisions, 1:1. So if it feels different in 4th, then you know you must have changed the diff ratio, or used a different tyre size.

 

Also, if 4th gear feels the same, but it feels different in 5th... then you know the gears have a different spread in that box. Simple. Use whatever you choose.

  • 15 years later...

I would like to know which engine is powerful than the other 2T and 18R 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.