Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shaft Knowledge Needed

Featured Replies

Hey All, 

After some wisdom,

Manged to get my hands on a KE55 Coupe K50. Now my question is is the driveshaft in my KE55 sedan (K40) the same will it all bolt up? 

terrified i will pull the K40 out and it wont fit 

appreciate the input 

(sorry if this is already answered)

cheers 

Slender 

Edited by SlendermanAU

Hi Sam,

            I had a 2 door KE-55 Couple.  It had a 4 speed manual GB in it. I fitted a K50 5 speed gearbox.  It used the same tailshaft,

The KE50, went to "Rust Heaven".

I bought a 2 door KE-30 2 door sedan, with a 3 speed auto.  Out came the auto, & in went the 5 speed manual box, along with the same tailshaft.

I'd have to sit down with the factory manuals & dig out all the linear distances between front & rear axle centers; but I'll think you'll find if they aren't exactly all the same; it will only be a few millimetres between them.  I've got a spare tailshaft in the shed. I'll measure it tomorrow, & let You know whether it is different, to the one in my KE30, with the K50 GB.

Cheers Banjo

 

Hey banjo thanks for the quick reply, I think I need to word the question better….so I’m trying to put the k50 from a ke55 coupe into a  KE55 sedan that is factory k40 I don’t have the tailshaft out of the coupe just the shaft on the k40 basically just wanted to know if it all fits together or do I need a 5 speed tail shaft as well ? 
 

thanks again guys 

cheers 

Sam 

Not sure what is happening I must have signed up twice and now my phone is logging in on which ever it wants to at the time sorry for any confusion 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.