Symmons Plains Lap Times

Brendo

Hey guys. Thought i'd start a thread on what lap times u guys are doin, i was curious as i have had both my T18 and my KE10 on the track now..

I ran 1.20 in the KE10 but i was driving soft cause it was my first drive of the car pretty much!

will be takin it back out there next club day on 27th August.

I ran my T18 yesterday, and in the pouring rain i was doin consistent 1.27's.(taking into consideration its a complete stocker!) the 3TC was pinging off its head lol

so lets hear what everyone has run!

cheers

Brendan

btw list your mods too :)

Members dont see this ad

i run 1:17's in my datto 1600 which only has and internally stock L16 with twin webers extractors, 2" zorst and an electronic dizzy. it need some tyres though as i was only running old 15" road tyres at the time, not much good for the track but i now have brand new yokohama advans and 14" wheels for it, it need a locked diff to (its only open at the moment)

i ran 1:28's in my dead stock mini 1100 with drum brakes all around, it was very slow and would only get to about 125k's down the back straight before i had to start breaking but it was my first race car and my first clubday ever.

anybody got some Baskerville times???

i clocked a 1.11 there a few months back on road tyres, hoping to improve my times a bit when i put the yokohama advans on her and give it a run

cheers james

68sec at Symmons...

250BHP Group A Mazda 323 4wd Turbo rallycar

Mods:

Group A/Works build engine

VJ17 turbo,

O-Ringed block,

works pistons, rods, cams etc,

alloy sump,

running on avgas

40mm Bilstein coilovers,

bigger brakes with pagid rs4 blue pads

MASSIVE let down was the non-works gearbox... wrong ratios, so lag felt eternal!!

unsteered like a demon on worn out 205/65 15 Goodyear taxi tyres (no shit... scrap from bob Jane... and way too big in the arches... HOW desperate to race??), but would still spin the front inside wheel coming onto pit straight!! Guard rub so bad on the back that it would fill the cockpit with smoke coming thru that corner!!

Edited by st.nick