Conversion To 4age

nm8693

:lock_folder: Hi all, I'm just new to this forum and have been playin around with a few ke30( Coupe)and I'm interested in goin for a 4AGE conversion in mine. I was just wondering if anyone has tackled it here and if so could u guys share with me the pros and cons of the conversion.

thanks

Members dont see this ad
:P Hi all, I'm just new to this forum and have been playin around with a few ke30( Coupe)and I'm interested in goin for a 4AGE conversion in mine. I was just wondering if anyone has tackled it here and if so could u guys share with me the pros and cons of the conversion.

thanks

People will generally not take well to these questions because so many people ask who are only dreaming about doing the conversion and have no hope of completing it.

So i'll start by giving you the pros and cons and you can then dicide if you can actually do it or if you are just dreaming.

The pros are obvious, a cool car with a late model engine, reliability good fuel economy, great fun to drive, pretty quick in a light car.

the cons are...you will be looking at spending AT LEAST 2 grand thats if you can do EVERYTHING yourself or have it done for free.

You have to find and pick up an engine and gearbox and all the parts youll need.

the engine is not a straight bolt in, you have to have mounts made up to suit or buy some from a forum that are already made.

if you don't have access to a full socket set, and a full ring spanner set, a grinder, a drill, pliers, cutters, a block and tackle or engine crane and a basic knowledge and skill with the obave tools stop dreaming now.

i know everyone says it but whatever time frame you have in mind, tripple it at least. if its your only car don't do it or get another one.

parts i needed for my conversion....

4AG engine, converted to RWD (yes that also requiers knowledge and skill to do)

AE71 gearbox and crossmember

Have tailshaft shrtened and AE71 yolk fitted to gearbox end

AE82 computer

AE71 clutch cylender

I had to modify the pedal box to work with a hydraulic clutch

find and set up an EFI fuel pump,

fit a new outlet on the fuel tank right at the bottom so it can gravity feed the efi pump.

Theres HEAPS of work involved and it takes WAY longer than you think and costs way more than you think and you have to modify so many parts so that they all work.

Mine isnt even on the road or legal yet, it has taken 6 months to get this far, it could have been done quicker but more expensive. expect to spend ALOT more to get it legal.

If that doesnt scare you away then start looking for an engine!