Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Look What I'm Bidding On!!!

Featured Replies

Looks cool. Pitty he took pics with a phone camera. And alot of pics they were!!

 

Should look sweet, can't wait to see what she'd turn out like.

 

Did you end up getting that other car you were trying to get?? I don't know what it was called but it was big and old.

  • Author

yeah, he want's $800 for it

i really want a big finned mopar though, the '57 dodge was sold to his nefew, but if it's not gone by sunday, it's mine

if i don't get that, there's a '50 plymouth deluxe 2dr fastback i can get for $700

THAT *#$%ING BASTARD!!!

If the original seller hadn't gone to boot camp (why he sold the car), I'd call him up (again!) and get this c**t's contact information so I could go beat the $#!* out of him until he won't be able to have any more kids!

I know that car, I was in the process of buying the car before the kid had to head out to boot camp on the 19th of September, and he told me he sold it to someone else who was going to fully restore the car.

Which was reason he gave for not selling it to me after I had told him I had the money and would be down the next weekend; he said he wanted the car to hopefully be in one piece and in better condition than when he left for boot camp and Iraq. (Well, unless the current owner shot the then seller an offer he couldn't refuse, and the seller fed me a BS story)

That just pisses me off! The guy bought that car for $300 on the Portland Oregon Craigslist on the 19th of September back after throwing the kid some line about restoring the car and putting it in his collection, and is now trying to sell it for $800 after apparently doing nothing but brush some of the dust and pine needles off the hood.

If I wasn't already getting the KE30, I would be very tempted to buy that car for the $800 he set the buy it now at if only so I could give him a $500.00 asskicking when I pick up the car!

 

On a lighter note, more related to the car itself:

In addition to telling me about the floor being rusted through, the original seller informed me that the engine still ran, very very rough though. An engine swap might be economically reasonable or necessary; the kid did make it clear that the engine was on its last legs. Also, I was told the frame was straight, but the car did have alignment issues.

Be sure you get pics of the underside of the car, if he won't provide them then don't buy it. From my understanding, it was not a pretty site.

How are you planning to get the car from SoCal to Oklahoma?

 

Best of luck to you if you do buy the car, it definitely could use some loving, and there aren't too many any real sprinters left on the road these days.

  • Author

i'm not going to get this; i bought the fastback as the asshole sold the '57.....

it's actually a '49 with the flathead 6 and a 6 volt system (new experience)

been sitting 10 years in a lot, got it home (after coming off the tow dolly and crashing into a parked car) poured the gas down the carb and it fired right up.....

rat rod, here i come!!!!!!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.