Sx Hatch Pics

Adjacent

Hey, found this forum and thought id share some pics of my 1.6L beast.

The car i bought about a month ago, a 1990 SX Hatch, it was it great condition with only minor attention needed. It comes with the following.

- 17'' Rims /low pro

- 3.5" stainless steal exhaust

- Dubbed and lowered

- Pearl white spray

The sound system needs some attention but the engine is in great order and has been given a clean bill of health and the go ahead to be dynoed. I'm checking how much power the car has lost over the years and I'm looking at getting it back

post-5075-1201083312.jpg

post-5075-1201083339.jpg

post-5075-1201083384.jpg

post-5075-1201083393.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Welcome aboard...

Nice and clean! I've always liked these in white, especially fully colour-coded. Rims are very tasteful as well.

Looks like she's had a little knock in the back at some stage... do you find the tailgate needs a good slam to close?

Nar i have no trouble with the tailgate. But i do think the back window has been replaced at some point in its life. My rear window is missing the sx decal at the back. But then again I'm not too sure if it is a GTI or a SX. Any idea? It goes with the 4AGE and has the 6 gauge dash but other than that i can't tell the difference.

Nar i have no trouble with the tailgate. But i do think the back window has been replaced at some point in its life. My rear window is missing the sx decal at the back. But then again I'm not too sure if it is a GTI or a SX. Any idea? It goes with the 4AGE and has the 6 gauge dash but other than that i can't tell the difference.

[/quote

Hey mate your car is an sx as the lights on the back are different. The GTI like my mates one coming to the cruse, has the lights that are on the hatch asswell. :)

Hey, found this forum and thought id share some pics of my 1.6L beast.

The car i bought about a month ago, a 1990 SX Hatch, it was it great condition with only minor attention needed. It comes with the following.

- 17'' Rims /low pro

- 3.5" stainless steal exhaust

- Dubbed and lowered

- Pearl white spray

The sound system needs some attention but the engine is in great order and has been given a clean bill of health and the go ahead to be dynoed. I'm checking how much power the car has lost over the years and I'm looking at getting it back

Man I love these. My brother has one (AE94 CSi Limited) I want one, they're prime. Nice pickup mate, how much did you pay if you don't mind me askin. Cheers

I got it fairly cheap @ $4000 ($2000 off the asking price). Basically pointed out a few faults the guy had wrong with the car such as rims that didnt fit, tyre scrubbing and bullshitting that the springs were cut. He agreed to $4000 cash. I then got the car fitted with new rims, low profiles and the tyre scrubbing disappeared.

I'm saving for a 'performance saving' sound system. I have 6'9s ready to go but I'm still pondering about what else i should do. I also have a sligt issue with the interior. The vinyl lining were the drivers side cup is, is starting to peel away and I'm looking at getting that fixed.

Other than that the car has been looked over and given a clean bill of health, 170,000kms on the taco and only the finest of all petrol and oils goes into my car. 7c extra for that better, cleaner feel in the rolla is so worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking car mate. Deff an sx.

Taking from Twincam.

With the introduction of the GTi several things were changed. The GTi got :

- Bigger front brakes (258mm dia * 22mm thick vs 238mm dia * 18mm thick)

- A new front bumper and grille

- colour coded hatch spoiler

- The GTi lost it's factory mags as were fitted to the SX Hatch, which were replaced with steel wheels and hub caps

- The interior of the GTi was downgraded with cloth trim used instead of the velour trim of the earlier SX Hatch.

- The GTi is also said to have lost Central Locking and Power mirrors, however these may have simply been relegated to being options instead of standard additions as the two GTi's I have driven both had these features fitted.

- The GTi had optional CD Player and Power windows

- Different decals

- The SX Hatch was only available in white or red but the GTi came in white, red or gunmetal grey

Both the SX Hatch and the GTi Hatch had as standard :

- Air Cond was optional on ALL models

- The "sports" dash with 6 gauges. If it doesn't have this it ain't a genuine SX or GTi

- Factory "sports" (yeah right) steering wheel and gear knob

- Four wheel disc brakes

- Power steering

Also when you repair your vynall, if you feel like fixing the door cups as well (as usually they go crappy) give me a yell and ill link you through to a self guide to re-newing them.

Goodluck with your SX

Bugz