Everything posted by matty555
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Engine mounts and trans crossmember done. Now to take the engine and box back out and continue with the rust repairs
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Yeah, a bit taller than I originally thought. it's sitting as low as possible now and still not much clearance under the bonnet.
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Decided to cut the firewall a bit more and mount the BEAMS a little further back. Hopefully get the engine mounts and trans crossmember done tomorrow
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Windows are polycarb/lexan. I was thinking about cutting the firewall and mounting it further back but I reckon it should be fine how it is.
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Engine mounts had already been cut up from previous owner so i decided to cut them all the way down and start from scratch, mounting as low as possible. Some minor trans tunnel modification to fit the 6 speed in. Roll cage will well and truly make up for the strength lost in cutting the tunnel.
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
I'll look into doing something like that while the rest of the car is away getting the cage built. I want to have opening windows
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Doors are 1155mm along the center line
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Think they are a little bit shorter than panel van doors. Will get proper measurement in the morning.
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Once motor and gearbox mounts are done I'm going to finish off a few rust repairs, then she will be going away to get a full proper cage built with intrusion bars
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Yeah, would hate to need to replace one of the doors . I'll pull one of the doors cards off and have a look inside. They are quite heavy so I'll see what I can do to lighten them a bit.
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Would love to register it, but just going to keep it as a track car. Original plans were to put a 4age in it and club register it so it would be for road and track, but changed my mind. I hope it goes like a rocket when I'm finished.
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Looks factory 2 door from a distance. With the doors open you can see the back door is still on the hinges bolted to the pillar which has been cut and moved back. Front doors are 2 normal doors cut and welded together
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
It did have a yellow sticker on it, G1.don't know what happened to it Just came with the loom that is on the motor. came with power steering pump and air con, but have removed them as not needed. Will be going aftermarket ecu, most likely Adaptronic, Payed $1500 for the motor and $500 for the 6 speed
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
-
3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project
Well, this is my ke70. It had already been converted to 2 door before I purchased it. I bought it as a rolling shell and was going to put a 4age in it and as a short term project to get her on the track quickly, but things have changed and it has turned into a much bigger project.