Go With A Brass Button Clutch Or .......

SoulSearcher

OK, well as you may (or not) know, my broomdie is getting a new engine, exhaust manifold, water pump and turbo (under warranty thank the big guys upstairs) and I got to thinking, since she's in bits I may as well get a new clutch.

Now I do a lot of driving (I've done about 30,000 klms in the last 6 months) I do a variety, hills, freeway, city, peak hour etc,. normally I'd go performance rather than cost so I made some enquiries about brass button (I'm pretty sure that's what they're called) clutches, or whether to stick with the HD ones that came in the AE112R Sportivo Turbos.

My mechanic knows the way I drive and says I'd enjoy the brass button clutch, but it would be a bitch in peak hour. Has anyone upgraded to this type of clutch and if so, how do they find it??

Also, if any one has an opinion on clutches that they'd lke to share, I'd be interested to hear it.

Oh, time is of the essence, I have to decide by Thursday (and I'm leaning towards the HD sportivo clutch)

Thank you

Lesley

Members dont see this ad

a mate of mine has a brass button in his aw11 4agze mr2. he says its a bitch to use for normal driving. i've seen him take off out of carparks and stuff and its shocking

in peak hour it would be absolute hell. being in darwin, we don't have peak hour....

brass button is great for performance, crap for comfortable driving.

the heavy duty clutch would still give u at least some ease in driving :y:

edit: if u get a brass button make sure its more than 5 puck...

Edited by zmit

itsy bitsy gitch with the standard HD Sportivo clutch....

IT COSTS $5,000 YES, FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!!!!!

I just about fell over, well actually, i collapsed into a chair with my head in my hands 5 grand! OMG

So Toyota recommended an after market clutch for a measly $400

I mean really, who'd spend $5K on a clutch???!!!!

But I did get to check out my new engine, its all shiny and the cross hatching is in the ports and everything is so new and well, shiny!!

It's about 3 weeks to go till I get broomdie back!!!!

Lesley :)

Toyota genuine spares.... :D Thats a bit of a joke. Who do they expect to pay that s#!t. The funny thing is though I can beleive it. I was quoted 700 bucks for an AE82 corolla handbrake cable..... It was off to the wreckers for me laughin at em as I walked out.... ;) Its good to hear though that good things are finally happenin with ya beast Lesley. Hopefully this will be the end of the whole Lesleys Sportivo saga. :S You have been so unlucky recently with this car.

• 2 weeks later...