Falcon Alternator Wiring

NoPsi

Hi guys and girls.

I have a falcon alternator setup for Kmotor. The problem is i am not sure on the wiring. The alternator has a 2 wire output. I currently have wiring in the ke20 for a 3wire alternator with regulator. Does anyone know how to do this or have a wiring diag lying around that will show me how to do it?

Craig

Members dont see this ad

one of these will be your car

think of the old gear as "alternator and regulator" together, and new new one as just "alternator" (as the bosch actually has an internal regulator). forget all the wiring between the old denso alternator and regulator. just know the loom will be expecting charge along the B wire, and two signal wires, marked in letters on the back of the new alternator

locate your charge wire, and run an additional big fat charge wire up to the + terminal of the battery, as the old alternator only had to supply small current (35A) whereas your new alternator is a bit beefier (at 60A). i left the existing charge wire hooked up as well, tho you may be able to disconnect it (looking at these diagrams, it appears it runs to the battery via the starter, so may be best to just leave it hooked up as well)

from there, it's just a matter deciphering which wires in the alternator plug are which signal wires, and you're set

the haynes manual has a great "wiring map" with the diagram, that not only gives you the big square spaghetti thing like these, but an actual representation of the loom, with every connector as it branches off, and what every terminal in that connector is. i don't have it on me at the moment, but perhaps if someone else does, they could scan/photograph it?

• 2 weeks later...

i'm assuming that the regulator is an re60 type which means it has a two pin plug on it like a fuel injector.. the terminals are marked L and S for light and sense.. just hook your warning light wire up to the L teminal and the S to battery positive. if you don't hook up the sense terminal to battery voltage it will overcharge.. you can buy a genuine bosh part which comes with a new plug, rubber boot and terminals for a couple of bucks if you want to make it look pretty! Ashdowns, burson's or repco should stock them..

hope that helps