Willowbank Drags 2nite

tricksta

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes it was a very expensive night after all. Best run was a 16.3 but I had 3/4 tank of fuel. Used some 14" rims my mate has laying around so tyre pressure was also uneven.

Blew the head gasket & warped the head. Total cost to rebuild head $ 950 so I would have to say it was a even 1000 for the night. DAMMIT!!! sob

Yes i know I got ripped big time. It was either that or get the car back in pieces. He refused to do anything without the head being rebuilt ) Anyway only had to give him 650 as my boss has a work acct. with mechanic & money owing to him so technically speakin the price wasnt too bad. :) The head is like brand new now. Included was head shave port & polish. Valve stems & seals as well. Engine will be sold and 3agze will be implanted ( As soon as I pay off my wedding sob )Now all i need to do is work out the annoying problem with the cooling system.

that's the spirit :D

even 650 is pretty steep. that's more than what i got quoted to do a tosco port on a 3k head, and they jacked up the price because they didn't like my setup! then again this is from the guys who think a 4k-e has bigger valves, which it doesn't, so i figured i'd just pick up the bloody die grinder myself :)

Yeah I try & do as much as I can but when it comes to overhead cams i don't take the risk. If you drop the timing belt then its all over.

The breakdown of the cost is

- Mechanic : 650 ( Mechainc reckons about 10 hours to remove & Refit ) :D

- Head rebuild : 350 ( A lot of work for the money considering the size of the hole her repaired ) :)

- Time in shop : 2 weeks ( I got f@$ked around left right & centre ) :dry:

Result : Tricksta VERY PISSED OFF. (There were a few plugs that he didnt plug back in which resulted in roadside mechanics by mate & myself / Also it now blows a lot of smoke when cold, possibly need rings. Ok definately needs rings )

Its all good though cause I have come to an arrangement w/ my misses and a new motor is on the cards in the next 2-3 months so I have to behave for a while. :D 3agze on the way & can't bloody wait. :)

i believe 3a would have weaker 4ac rods, weaker pistons, and less bearing area to distribute the force of combusion over. i may be wrong and they're "the shit" but it makes sense to me. it would be like comparing an old ae71 4ac and a good-block ceramic-piston 4agze, they are very very different motors