Ed's Ae101

edi25

Hey I've had this rolla for a while now... finally getting around to posting some pictures up.

Its an ae101r hatch

with just the standard 4afe motor

Since I Bought it back in April a little work has been done to it including an exedy sports heavy duty clutch, a set of alloys, a tacho (since i couldnt find a wrecker with a tacho cluster) and an upgraded sound system. Only half it has been installed so far (headunit, sub, amp n wiring), the JBL 6.5" splits & 6x9s will be installed soon, even though the standard speakers are going well with the sub :jamie:. New alternator the other day, and Suspension is in the near future.

When I bought it:

post-1002-1162465315.jpg

post-1002-1162465330.jpg

post-1002-1162465340.jpg

now:

post-1002-1162464493_thumb.jpg

post-1002-1162464522_thumb.jpg

post-1002-1162464557_thumb.jpg

Interior Pictures will be uploaded as soon as my camera decides it wants to take a photo.

also looking for an ae101 fx-gt front bar, black crystal headights, and a better front grill.

paint will either be white, a better silver or a midnight blue

Edited by edi25

Members dont see this ad
Just out of curiousity, how are you going to fit the 6.5" splits in the front? Un-modded, the front door pods can only take 5" speakers, 6" definitely do NOT fit, let alone 6.5"

yes... that will be the hardest part of the sound system however with a bit of modification I hope they'll fit. when i get a free weekend (hopefully this one) I'll pull the door panel off for a look to see what i can achieve :jamie:

• 2 months later...

hey sorry for the delayed reply... looks like I'll be going with pedders for the suspension thanks to their 10month repayment scheme, seems i need struts springs and bushes so It'll be a bit costy, the repayment scheme will take off most of the slack to make it alot more affordable.

ok... progress is as follows.

New Years Eve

installed the splits (well not the tweeters yet cuz i can't work out where to put them) in the front doors... the JBL 6.5" speakers fit in the doors, with a little modification. had standard 2way 5.25" in it i think (don't quote me tho lol).

4th January

I decided to get stuck into my car again after work last night to remove the feedback and install the 6x9s, seems the rcas were having a bitch about the electricals to the central locking, tail lights and fuel sensor so when the car was running it sounded like I'd left the car with the lights on... farking annoying lol, easy fix by slightly moving the cables (also found the hose to the rear window washer lol). 6x9s are just sitting in speaker boxes and the amp is a bit neater then it has been the last 2 months.

I've decided to get motivated again looking for an ae101 fxgt front bar and am looking for one in about a months time.

Also when i get some spare time sometime this month I will be pulling apart the instrument cluster to make some custom face guages, and door trim for a change of colour.

AND i'm pretty sure I've decided on a new silver paint job (like rav4 silver) in the future with some sort of chrome? dressing.

Edited by edi25

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...