Help Needed Please

dub

Hi everyone.

My name is dave and I live out east of melbourne, my first car was a KE70 wagon that I owned in NZ.

I moved here 2 years ago and have finally decided to get myself a car, I am looking at a few KE70 sedans that are going cheap in my area.

Just a few question regarding mods. I would like to get the car lowered and throw on a set of these 15's

111145568d28277af.jpg

Can someone advise me as to what I will need to do in terms of certification of lowering and wheels?

I am thinking I will get reset rear leaf springs or lowering blocks (are they legal in victoria?) and new front springs.

Also I know that those wheels were hard to get a hold of when I put a set on the last toyota I owned, any idea where would be the best place in melbourne to look?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave.

Members dont see this ad
Can someone advise me as to what I will need to do in terms of certification of lowering and wheels?

I am thinking I will get reset rear leaf springs or lowering blocks (are they legal in victoria?) and new front springs.

Also I know that those wheels were hard to get a hold of when I put a set on the last toyota I owned, any idea where would be the best place in melbourne to look?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave.

Welcome to Rollaclub.

Vic doesnt require any certification if you lower your car to within the VICROADS guidelines. Basically that means, you cannot lower your car more than 1/3 of the original suspension travel. You must have more than 100mm ground clearance to any point within 1m of any axle when the car is fully loaded.

Lowering blocks are legal, however they need to be manufactured from Steel, Aluminium or any metal of the equivilent hardness.

Wheels....i'm not sure about. Maybe drop into Peter Robinson. He collects a heap of Toyota parts.

Peter Robinson Automotive

17 Carinish Road

Oakleigh South

I suggest you have a read of the links provided below. They are the VICROADS modification guidelines.

CLICK

Edited by kangaroosa

Ok I am a noob, I have found the modification requirements pdf that was stickied.

So does anyone here have experience with getting mods in melbourne? Where are the good places to go?

Cheers.

Have a read of this. CLICK

Kickin5K just went through an engineer listed in that thread. I think he was very impressed with the service.

If those wheels are 15x6", they're from some xZ10 Soarers, quite rare to get your hands on. A fair bit more common, and almost identical looking, are the 14x7" wheels off the MA61 Supra. They generally go for around $300-400 a set, including tyres, but can still be difficult to get your hands on. If you want to see what they look like on other cars, Xany has the Soarer wheels on his KE30 ("Grover"), and I've got the Supra wheels on my KE55 ("Billie"). Best place to get your hands on them would be the Toymods forums, MA61 wheels go on sale there every now and then. Be warned about the signup proceedure though, it takes quite a while and some people see it as invasive (it wants address, phone number etc)