Camerons Ke30

camerondownunder88

Members dont see this ad
MM it's not clean now des it has your dirty hand marks and mine on it after the gear box change..lol

Ill add more to this later today.

Cameron

I tried to keep my hands off it but its so dam hot :wink: . I have that KE70 console, Its ready for you to come and get it.

Once upon a time....

There was a KE30 corolla that was about to get given away to a car yard on trade for the parents new car so I couldn't have that so the next day I went and got the car for FREE :wink: can't beat that.

So this is the car.

post-1811-1164194445_thumb.jpg

This was after I had it for about a week and the first thing needed doing was lighting as standard head lights poor. So I just got some good spot lights and put them on. As earlier this car had a crash and the bumper bar was killed so the new one from the wrecker after being re-chromed had spot light holes in it all ready so in they went. But on my list of to do is new head light so I can use some better globes.

But just for the hell of it here is another pic.

post-1811-1164194622_thumb.jpg

But the car is currently sporting a 3K-C with 475,000KM on the motor. The rest of the car is pretty standard for a Aus spec KE30 like a BW diff 4 speed gear box and a nana weather sheild.

But over the years my car has had a few hits so below are a few pics. But after every crash parts were replaced repainted and it got a few better bits like a KE55 bonnet :)

This hit below got me my new bonnet so opted for a KE55 one :wink:

post-1811-1164194992_thumb.jpg

Next hit got me a new front guard and the old one was rusted out to so new panels here we come. This was also when I got a new bumper re dipped to :)BLOODY COMMODOORS

post-1811-1164195154_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1164195325_thumb.jpg

Next a limo hit me at round about coming off Brisbane international airport. So again new rear bumper and light :hmm:

post-1811-1164195491_thumb.jpg

Then a 4x4 decided to back into the side of car. lifter it half off ground to was impressed also pissed. New door :y:

post-1811-1164196076_thumb.jpg

Well that is some hits others have happened and been fixed usually minor ones like a trolley so insurance just resprayed so if I ever wash my car it looks pretty clean and is very straight and rust free. Currently only rust is under the fuel cap and on that guard.

Well enough of crashes.

But after looking around on what I can do with this car I decided to just do some minor mods I can do to get a bit more omph out of it and keep it economical as this car will be getting me to Brisbane and back to Ippy every day for a year and well ill have no money for fuel as is so nothing to crazy is planned as I really want a KE20 so save it for that.

But about a month after owning it the starter died :( Turns out the rear engine seal is leaking and oil killed it. So out with the old in with the new one from my KE70 parts car.

You will notice in pics below the old KE30 original starter is bigger and it had less power. So car now starts easier :) Oh old startor you can see is also black with oil muck.

post-1811-1164199401_thumb.jpg

So after a while I decided to do a whole engine swap instead of getting the 3K rebuilt. So I bought a KE70 for $50 :) Was a running car but diff was screwed (blown was run dry and through a creek) and this cause it to lock the wheels ever 50 meters so it was going to be my parts car. It was sporting a 4K-C and a 5 speed gear box and a NEW heavy duty clutch and had new valves just put in and had the head shaved a fraction. So this is the car below.

post-1811-1164197690_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1164198022_thumb.jpg

And removed in a day was 1 4K and a 5 speed box.

Pics of inside 5 speed box just for ooo factor.

post-1811-1164199150_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1164199203_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1164199250_thumb.jpg

Well enough for one night will update later.

Cameron

Edited by camerondownunder88