Ke55 Wiring V6 Conversion

v6rolla

hello all i am a new member and i need help!!!! lol i am currently doing a v6 conversion to my corolla and i have made all the engine mounts gearbox etc.. I have got the engine loom all in place with the computer mounted all battery leads done. The part i really need some help with is the wiring for all the relays and to the ignition, i have looked through this site and i see a few people have done this conversion i would really appreciate your help thank you..

Members dont see this ad

without knowing too much bout ur conversion...

Are you using commodore or corolla fuse box?

ur best option would be to get a wiring diagram for the model car you got your engine out of... ie VS commodore or similar at a guess, and follow it starting with the main cables in the fuse box such as the power/battery feeds and earths.

Dave

ok yea i have gone the hard option and i have put a vr commodore and auto in mine which unfortunatly has a CAS which i have been told is a different wiring loom alltogether lol i am unsure if this is fact though, however i was just wondering what type of wiring loom you used for you corolla, did u fabricate one up from scratch or did you piggyback a vn one and cut the bits you didnt need out of it.. I am at the stage where i either need to go and buy another loom out of a vr or i try and attempt to make my own. thanks for your help :y:

there isnt much difference to the setup of the engines or the ECU's, thay all run coil packs etc, I bought a running VN for mine, the wiring for the ecu is seperate to the rest of the wirnig in the VN, so i came out almost complete, i had to connect about 8 wires intotal.

there was 2 pink on the inside of the car of the loo that goes to the engine fuse of the rolla, youll have some others in there for the Auto like the park switch and the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor).

out side on the drivers side of the engine here it plugged into the original engine bay wiring there is a Large Purple goin along with the battery power wire to the starter, that connected with a relay and use the original rolla starter wire (Black/White trace).

orange/red, orange/black and i think a red/black connect to relays. All these are switched with ignition on with the relays from the original coil wire on the rolla as the trigger.

orange/red i think is injectors power.

Orange/black i think supplies power to the relay for the fuel pump, a green on the smaller v6 plug is fuel relay trigger and the thinner purple on there is connected direct to the fuel pump.

Red/black is power to the ECU.

On the larger plug there is a blue/white that is the trigger for the relay for the thermo fan.

the Alt wire on the rolla should be white with light blue trace, that connects to the alt on wire, again i think its brown.

This is a rough guide, I have no idea if you loom has the same colour wiring and i take no responsability if and of this is wrong, youll just have to check for yourself, but should help find some stuff.

I'm just wondering what you used for a tailshaft behind a v6 auto in the conversion as ive been offered a cheap good vn v6 motor and auto from a mate but the only thing that worries me about doing that conversion myself is the tailshaft sorry for jacking your thread but i thought id ask here rather than start a new thread :y:

thank you very much for the help i am sure that this information will help me! i havnt got a tailshaft made yet because my new diff is'nt in yet (hilux) but it shouldnt cost much to get the vn or vr one cut and joined etc maybe $200 hope this helps..one other thing i need help with is my right hand exhaust manifold hits on the steering box what manifolds could i use or do i just need to get a custom made one. also what fuel pump should i use can i use my standard tank with an external pump? thanks for the help guys its awsome :y:

Have you read my thread , alot of your questions will be answered there.

I modified my exhaust header and i used a supra W58 manual so i used a ke30 tail shaft with a supra yoke that fitted without modification and i fitted the engine so it would be the right length, I was quoted $80-$100 to cut and shut the tail shaft if it had needed it.

My friends KE55 with the V6 in it used the standard corolla tailshaft with a Holden yoke, it was a little bit too short though, and vibrated, so you could space it out at the diff end and use that, or get a custom one made

[/quote

thanks for that i might pick up the v6 afterall seems the only thing that worried me is easy to overcome i had already studied up on the rest and to me it seems a reasonably easy conversion compared to some others ive been looking into.