Won't Shift Into Reverse

taterphakes

Members dont see this ad

ahh duno where is coming from it doesnt happen that often like 2wice today tho. if by gearbox u mean i can feel it on the shifter, well i can't. o yeh i always go into 1st its just weird some times it don't work some times its like its in nuetral and some times its kinda half in. dads heard the noise 2 its kind of a shudder noise thinks maybye from the drive train but he dunno

Edited by taterphakes

My parents always tought me to release the clutch, re-engage the clutch and try again when it wouldn't go into reverse. That always worked for me.

yeh i du that but as wel as change back to 1st i can live with that if its normal I'm a bit worried about the noise tho cos it happened mor den once tday

@too quick

if it was the brakes shouldn't it du it all the time when i brake??

Edited by taterphakes

The shifting problem is common in the the 4wd.... the cable linkages need adjusting/replacing. (I've had to do this before)

As for the thunk... its got me buggered but I'd probably assume an engine or gearbox mount, or at worst the the rwd drive chain in the trasfer case may be jumping a link... $$$ if thats the case....

rubber mounts can deteriorate with time as well as abuse, regardless of kilometres

Also you seem to be missing a few letters on your keyboard. I suggest buying a new one before I ring your english teacher and tell him he's done a shithouse job and you need to repeat grade 3.

yeh i du that but as wel as change back to 1st i can live with that if its normal I'm a bit worried about the noise tho cos it happened mor den once tday

@too quick

if it was the brakes shouldn't it du it all the time when i brake??

Yeah i thought that aswell but my old folks had the same sort of problem and they had the rotors machined and it went away.

rubber mounts can deteriorate with time as well as abuse, regardless of kilometres

Also you seem to be missing a few letters on your keyboard. I suggest buying a new one before I ring your english teacher and tell him he's done a shithouse job and you need to repeat grade 3.

haha f@$k english teachers they don't teach u nothing all my english teachers just bludgers.