Toyoshow 2007 Results And Pics

Valandor

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure are a lot of pissed off people but what they don't get is that their mods have been done before and you have a RARE factory built car.

I think its great that you won Toyochamp and that you're a member of this club. :P

Don't let anyone bring you down for what you achieved either. You won fair and square.

Edited by Raven

Brian here, organizer of the show.

The judging was independant of ToyoShow committee and ToyotaCarClub.net members. We didnt get a say, they are professional judges.

PHNTOM most likely would have won if he'd had the hood open for judging, but didnt and scored 0 for engine bay.

That said, not only did Lesley do the cruise, but the whole cruise (no extra points, just more fun). The car was very clean, inside and out - goes to show a good clean helps.

I personally saw spider webs on the bottom of some of the really nice Supras.

Big congrats from myself, a well deserved win.

For those upset with the outcome, you can pm me through toyotacarclub.net or come along to our meeting (very soon) about how to score better in the show and shine; one of the judges has offered to help out and give you some pointers.

Hey Brian

Nice to see you've joined up and posted that bit of information.

Though Valandor and I were both wondering what happened to the pre-1985 class?

We're both very hesitant to enter next year if that class isnt available as I for one own two corolla's, one made in 1974 and one made in 1976.

hey brain,

I'm gonna send you a pm on here and a pm on toyotacarclub with a few issues i had with the show and shine that i don't think i should post here.

moral of the story check your pms

i just want to also clear up any possible confusion and say that i have no problem with the judging the award the winner and nothing to do with lesley what so ever. good on her for doing so damn well.

Edited by Valandor

Wow, there are quite a lot of pissed off people in Adelaide this morning....

LOL @ that. It's a car show FFS, some people take shit too seriously. That would've been the reason behind the AJPS entries, to poke fun at such people. Good on you for winning Lesley.

their scissor wing doors were impressive

Hahahaha, I think I know the car you're refferring to here :P

Might wanna say that to the Toymods people too. :P

They can't seem to let it go that you won. I say good on you!

I'll have to check out those plates in person at the Drive-In night :D

Edited by Raven

Hi Everyone,

There have been a few questions raised about some of the awards given out at the 2007 Adelaide Toyoshow. We hope that the following information will help to clear up some of the confusion.

Firstly we would like to say a few words about the judging of the show. The judges are professional, independent judges from the Street Machine Association of South Australia (SMASA), who have many years of experience judging show cars.

The most important thing in judging a car at a show is cleanliness, followed closely by attention to detail. There were considerable point deductions for dirt and the judges were looking closely at things like under doors and the bottoms of engines. Getting your car detailed and steam cleaned went a long way towards your total point count. There were also deductions for things like floor mats and seat covers, as well as not having the entire car open during the inspection process (boot, bonnet, doors, etc.).

Many spectators and entrants have expressed that they believe that Entrant 5 purple PHNTOM Supra should have won the 2007 Toyochamp award. Let me be the first to say that his car is an exceptional example and that it indeed scored very well, however it lost out on points due to the engine bay not being cleaned and/or detailed fully. There was some misinformation floating around that his bonnet was not open during judging, but I have confirmed that this was not the case.

Entrant 1 a AE112R Corolla Levin Turbo, while not highly modified, was exceptionally clean, well maintained and presented at the show, & also met the other prerequisites for the Toyochamp Award of having attended the supercruise and dyno day events. This car's winning is a good illustration that you don't have to have a big dollar show car to do well at the Toyoshow.

The final issue we would like to address is that of the trophies for the pre 1985 class and the 2000+ class.

At the time the trophies were ordered, there were no entries for the (Original to 1986 to 2000) class. As entries came in, they were added to the (Original to 1999) class for judging. For next year's show we will order trophies for all of the listed classes, as we now know that we will get sufficient entries closer to the day of the show.

There were only two entries for the (Original 2000+) class, being Entrant 1 a AE112R Toyota Corolla and Entrant 37 a Toyota Hybird Prius. As Entrant 1 had won the 2007 Toyochamp award the car was not eligible for the (Original 2000+) trophy. Entrant 37 won first place in the category. It was decided to issue the 2 extra trophies from that category was to be changed to a 4th in (Modified) and a 4th in (Original to 1999), however this was not mentioned by the M.C. during the presentation. Entrant 17 a 1989 Toyota Supra and Entrant 5 a 1995 Toyota Supra have been notified of this, and will be sent replacement placards indicating the correct names for their trophies, which they can affix in place of the existing ones.

We hope that this has cleared up some of the confusion, and would like to thank you all for attending, either as a spectator, entrant or sponsor. We look forward to seeing you at our show next year.

With regards,

Adelaide Toyoshow Management Team

Well done lesley!!!!! :P would've entered it in toyoshow when i had it if i knew it'd have a chance! Awesome work :) Just had a read on toymods........a damn lot of bitching going on over there! think its partly to do with the fact there's not many corolla owners over there, they generally seem like a bunch of tools, and are all interested in their fullllly sick sub enclosures and wiked door pods. The sportivo may not be pumping out 300rwkw, but who says a nice car is all about power (did it get 97kwatw or something?)? IMO, the sportivo is a fantastic example of a corolla, rare as rocking horse shit, and unique to most other cars! But hey, i might be a bit impartial! just pi$$es me off to see people whining about a nice car :cool: Well done again mate! :D Chuck up some more photos if ya got some too!