4age Injectors In2 Ke35

blonka

hey, I'm puting a 4age bluetop into my ke35 and ive run in2 a few problems 2 do with the efi

do i need a fuel filter? and if so where should it go?

it previously had a 4k in it and i can't find a return fuel line, i seen a line coming from the fuel tank and then it dissapears in2 the chasis, do i even need a return fuel line?

and last question where does each thing connect to on the inector rail?

i have atached a picture of it to help

post-3097-1172475095_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

wow maybe you need to do some more reserch before you get stuck into the project....

anyway, the blue is a compresion damperner (for fuelpump) and comes from efi pump, red is the feed for the cold start injector. Yellow goes to manifold. Pink is return, which inself answers your question.

:)

Fuel filters for any car, carby/efi, petrol or diesel should be between the tank and the first pump, that way even the pumps get clean fuel.

to elaborate on your picture a bit:

The blue one as mentioned is the fuel in from the fuel pump.

on the other end, the bit bolted to the fuel line is actually your fuel pressure regulator. the small line coming off it in the yellow circle is the vacuum reference and needs to be put onto a post-butterfly vacuum source.

The pink circle is for the return line as mentioned, you deffinately have to have a return line on it otherwise pressure will build up too high in the fuel rail. the regulator will reg this to a designated pressure and divert extra fuel back to the tank.

Fuel filters for any car, carby/efi, petrol or diesel should be between the tank and the first pump, that way even the pumps get clean fuel.

the only problem with this is that fuel actually flows around the motor parts in the pump, so after the pump u can get pieces of carbon brushes and metal from pump through the system.... so if ya wanna be ridiculously safe run one before and after the pump maybe.