Racewars To Be Had This Week

tricksta

Hey all,

NE1 up for some racing at willowbank this weekend (14th Aug )

I am racing my rolla again. Hopefully i wont blow anything up this week.

Rolla is running better since head rebuild so hopefully will run a better time than 16.3

If u are gonna be there be ready to race.

Members dont see this ad

went out and had a run tonight. best was a 17.209 @ 75.74 MPH. guess it's not to bad for a 3 year old $350 4k, that's had a lot of hard work. also that was full street trim, ie tools, spare etc. probably could have stripped 30 odd kg out of it.

was the first time i have ever had a go at the drags. on my first run i was beside this spastic big block cheved monaro. i couldn't even hear my car with this thing idling beside me. was a pretty wild first up intro to drag racing. needless to say he disappeared off into the distance.

i need way more power. the only thing i beat all night was a suzuki swift which i wasted by 2 secs.

it is fun doing burnouts in front of a crowd.

the funniest run was the last i did. was beside this charger, and we both got pretty even reaction times, him a little quicker. i beat him through first and part way through second. he obviously pushed his car a little hard to soon, trying to get back in front, as he started blowing masses of smoke. he pulled away in the topend to beat me by nearly 2 secs, but geez, i've never seen so much smoke in my life. on the return road his car just stopped, he blew it up. it was a mega oil down, so racing had to stop. haha, he may have won the race, but i drive home.

i got like 10 runs in from 4.30 - 8.00 when the charger did the oil down. thought i'd just call it quits as i couldn't be bothered waiting at least 1/2 hour for them to clean the track. was a pretty fun night. have a baseline now.

yea, i think with the carb a bit better setup there is more to be had. i just recently increased the secondary venturi from a 25 to a 27, and i think it was a step backwards. the car doesn't pull as hard in the upper rev region like it did, which really hurt it in the second half of the track.

i was pulling 10.8 sec for the 1/8 mile, which should equate to around a mid 16 for the full 1/4. best 60 ft was 2.38 sec, which is quicker than 2 mid 16s cars i ran. need to get my O2 sensor setup so i can monitor mixtures and see where i'm going wrong.

didn't get my first timeslip it got blown away. was mega windy, having a headwind probably didn't help anyones times.

times went, from 2nd run:

fairly consistant. found reducing timing to 8 degs, made it a little quicker, which is what the last 5 runs were set at.

i'll have a bit of a play around with things and try to get back out there again soon.