Ke70 Bucket Seat Install

ive got a recaro bucket seat to install into my ke70, wondering if anyone else has done a similar install into a ke70? how did you go about a seat rail? from what ive found AE86 seat rails are slightly to wide, by about 20mm. if someone has done a bucket seat into a ke70 please provide some info for me, as i want to know the easiest way to go about it. going with a universal rail will be a bit gay but will do it if required. just wondering if anyone has modded the AE86 seat rail? info on this would be really great.

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

hey mate i fitted an autotechnica monza reclinable racing seat into my ae71 by taking the seat rails off of my ke70 drivers seat n put a couple of washers between the rail n the base of the seat on all 4 corners and it bolted straight in to where it should line up to in the car....also just get a tape measure and measure the distance between all the holes on the base of both seats to see if it could line up for u.....hope that helps out

hey mate i fitted an autotechnica monza reclinable racing seat into my ae71 by taking the seat rails off of my ke70 drivers seat n put a couple of washers between the rail n the base of the seat on all 4 corners and it bolted straight in to where it should line up to in the car....also just get a tape measure and measure the distance between all the holes on the base of both seats to see if it could line up for u.....hope that helps out

hey mate, cheers for advice. i was thinking the same thing myself. can you post up a pic of how it turned out? my only concern about doing that is the height? did your bucket seat sit fairly high after that? also did you have to cut the rails off of the old seat? cause i know on bluebirds there rails are integrated into the chairs, they don't bolt on the way bucket seats do. both my chairs in the rolla arent here i got rid of them due there crappyness. hope you can give me some more help.

hey mate, cheers for advice. i was thinking the same thing myself. can you post up a pic of how it turned out? my only concern about doing that is the height? did your bucket seat sit fairly high after that? also did you have to cut the rails off of the old seat? cause i know on bluebirds there rails are integrated into the chairs, they don't bolt on the way bucket seats do. both my chairs in the rolla arent here i got rid of them due there crappyness. hope you can give me some more help.

hey man. . yeah ive got 2 monza bucket seats in my ke55 and yeah you do sit abit higher. i also used my original rails just had to drill another hole aobut 20mm from the original.

its all good, i went to u pull it today and got the rails no cutting required unless you use the ae71 style seats where the sliding lever is at the front. then cutting is needed but if you use the side style slider then they unbold easy. just for future reference if someone comes across the same problem

• 5 years later...

some one pm me install instructions to fit my SAAS seats with universal rails to my AE71 please...

:( i pulled my ae71 passenger seat apart first and its riverted on oneside intergrated like someone said above.

long story short i destroyed a perfectly good seat and ʞ©$ɟed the railing... I'm not doing it to my drivers seat :(