Opinions On Echo/yaris

I have to drive company because my current set of wheels is an overheating xe. Three speed auto for the lose.

But yeah, a while ago some crazy bogans smashed our fin. Luckily our manager that night was Turbo, an even crazier bogan, who went out to kick ass with an oven end (a metre long piece of stainless, for the uneducated), and the rest of the car remained unscathed.

And I find it far easier to slide in the dry; when it rains, front grip is equal to zero.

Oh yeah, and ours is a 1.3.

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
I drove a Yaris once and IMO it's very underpowered,

I stalled the car like 20 times in an hour. I'd avoid it like a plague.

Dude, you are the person who on another thread was bitching that he couldn't get his 50 hours L-plate time.

That limits your credibility IMHO.

So tell us in your opinion, what powerhouse is available in the 15K new car market that has heaps of grunt, yet retains all the safety features of the Yaris?

Echo +

- Strong safety Cell, Good structural integrity

- Passenger (or driving test instructor) cannot see speedo :y:

- Ability to slam-dunk gears with or without clutch

- throttle response & light-ish weight internals result in a relatively asthmatic-free 2NZ (or 1NZ if your power hungry :dance:)

- overall handling for price of vehicle

- Ability to meet & exceed pizza drivers expectations in relation to the handbrake setup

- Plastic bumpers have about a school rulers length of indent & pop-back-out-ability on most panels

- Able to withstand long doses of RPM limiter

Echo -

- Cheap build, interior quality

- Consequences are quite $$ when servicing not upto date

- Automatic versions are comparable in 1/4 mile times to things like the stopwatch, sundial & SV21 camrys after ive been at them

- General room & Ergonomics of seats

- Wind noise when driving

- Tyres from new

- Engine tone

- Air intake assembly

- Lack of temp gauge, or any gauges for that matter

- A monkey doing pushups in the cylinder block would make more torque than what the NZ series from new could.

Yaris - Cheaper again, Overall alottttt Cheaper, interior is horribly tacky, wind noise is still horrid, And the power department just got worse. Yuck!

Overall yes / no -

Yes for - Cheap, Trouble free car thats pretty safe (esp, the Yaris) & not THAT bad on fossil fuels.

No for - something exciting, fast, overall build quality, performance, picking up 1337_chixx-bro

i test drove the yaris yrx 1.5 lt sedan and i thought it went very well compared to the mazda i have it still doesnt compare to the rolla though

i just bought a metallic dark blue yaris with chrome 17" mags 5 sp manual and a sports exhaust and it goes quite well

just have to save for the turbo kit $8000 comes with everything fully installed able to run 16 psi no problems.

Edited by bigbutch