September 17, 200719 yr comment_198375 hey again cameron, told you i'd let you know how i got on. car was registered today, went through smoothly without any problems. had to replace the lower wishbone rubber for roadworthy. as for the 5K motor, if you compare the original Kmotor, which is 1100cc (44kw) with the 5k 1500cc only puts out 48kw, less than a 10% increase in power. go off the power rating, not the capacity and you shouldn't have a problem. all the best, brooke. Report
September 18, 200719 yr comment_198454 as for the 5K motor, if you compare the original Kmotor, which is 1100cc (44kw) with the 5k 1500cc only puts out 48kw, less than a 10% increase in power. go off the power rating, not the capacity and you shouldn't have a problem. :) that's the best news i've heard!!! :D i was put off putting a 5k into my ke20 because of the capacity increase. now i think it'll happen very quickly, after i strip my new parts car that is :P:D thanks for the info Report
September 18, 200719 yr comment_198521 Hi guys, Nice to see you young guns get excited about the old school ke10/11. Peter Robinson was a great help to me around 7 years back when i restored fron scratch (similar to what your dad did Brooke) a KE11 initially to race in a group Nc historic division trouble was i after spending $12000 plus i ran out of budget and sold it to a good home here in Brissy for 3rd of what it cost me. Believe me Peter is your man when it comes to Ke Corolla knowledge when any of you next go in there tell him Barry Pitt says howdy from Brisbane. Pics attached Ihope Majordad Report
September 18, 200719 yr comment_198536 Hi Brooke, That is great news on the 5K install. I believe I will have it rego-ed no worries with the 5K but knowing that helps. As for the motor currently I have a 5K in the sprinter with stock sprinter mounts. I have a set of pacemaker extractors and it seems due to the extra deck height on the 5K they hit the floor and since they hit the floor wont even bolt up. Have any of you guys that have restored KE1X with extractors had any issues with hitting? Also nice KE11 majordad. That car would of been a steal. Gives me more inspiration to get my KE15 on the road faster. But all in good time. Cheers Cameron Report
September 18, 200719 yr comment_198663 Cameron, Are you sure it,s the floor and not the Gearbox x-member the extractors are hitting. I remember i had to cut and scallop out the g/box x-member on the KE11 to fit the extractors majordad Hi Brooke, That is great news on the 5K install. I believe I will have it rego-ed no worries with the 5K but knowing that helps. As for the motor currently I have a 5K in the sprinter with stock sprinter mounts. I have a set of pacemaker extractors and it seems due to the extra deck height on the 5K they hit the floor and since they hit the floor wont even bolt up. Have any of you guys that have restored KE1X with extractors had any issues with hitting? Also nice KE11 majordad. That car would of been a steal. Gives me more inspiration to get my KE15 on the road faster. But all in good time. Cheers Cameron Report
October 6, 200718 yr comment_201931 well...kermit's been on the road for a little bit now. drives so well...or at least it did till yesterday :hmm: oops.... the gearbox that we put in wassn't quite in the best condition and yesterday it blew up... :wink: oh well back to peter's again next week should be right.. Can't belive how nice it drives though.. :no: nice work with the KE11 :y: very neat... and good luck with your KE15 Cameron... ...Brooke. (finally signed up!) Report
October 6, 200718 yr comment_201983 i couldn't believe it... was an older gearbox anyway, quite noisy , but peter was going away so we left it... was to be changed anyway i'd gone with a mate to the beach...a fair way away and I'm so glad it diddnt go till we got back in my mates street... was really random too. just normal driving and all of a sudden...rattle rattle rattle 2nd gear. Report
October 16, 200718 yr comment_203651 Hi, Just catching up on the thread. Bad to hear about the gear box. Did you strip it down to see what was at fault in the box? Also my KE15 sprinter hasn't done to much I have been busy but tonight I swapped the studs in the cylinder head for longer more threaded shank ones and finished and installed my new PORN battery to alt to starter loom and all that stuff...looks hot and car cranks over so much better. Other than that I obtained 2 part number books for KE1X sedans and wagons over 500 pages each and man there overrated condition and they help heaps so try to get one as I can recomend them. Cheers Cameron Report
October 18, 200718 yr comment_203992 hey cameron.. yeh i was told the syncromesh or something in 2nd gear went... but its all good now....drives better. would love to see pics of your ke15... brooke Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now