Ke70

SSJ BEN

Hi Everyone

just a few qestions to ask, My friend and i have just bought a 1983 KE70 corolla. this is our first project car which where hopefully going to get on the track, we planning to completely almost everything out of it and replace with better stronger faster parts... obviously. where really keen on puttng a 4age into it. my first question is, is there a particullar model 4age that fits, or need minor customization such as engine mounts. i am also wonderng if my wolf version 4 would make a suitable computer for it as i already have 1 from my last car, which is now sadley dead, therefore saving me money. we also plan on getting some cheap to midrange coilovers, disc and brakes, diff alxes etc.

thanks heaps

Edited by SSJ BEN

Members dont see this ad
beside 4AGE,any others engine suitable engine for KE-70(toyota corolla GL)?

thx..

Well, yes, there are a tonne of engines that would suit. First of all, you mentioned 'the track'. Perhaps you could put this into context. Are you talking about drift, circuit, hill climbs, motorkhana, rally, drag, or shooting up heroin? Read the rules for the class you want to enter. Just so you don't build some crazy hybrid that excludes you from everything except trailering it to the the summernats and burning off tyres. If you intend to use the car on public roads, then please read the transport authority's' legislation too. People on rollaclub arent really going to encourage you to be too silly with modifications. Have a good hard look through rides and projcts and you will see some awesome inspiration. Welcome to Rollaclub, and please take the time to search and find your own info wherever possible, and please use punctuation to the best standard you can.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, yes, there are a tonne of engines that would suit. First of all, you mentioned 'the track'. Perhaps you could put this into context. Are you talking about drift, circuit, hill climbs, motorkhana, rally, drag, or shooting up heroin? Read the rules for the class you want to enter. Just so you don't build some crazy hybrid that excludes you from everything except trailering it to the the summernats and burning off tyres. If you intend to use the car on public roads, then please read the transport authority's' legislation too. People on rollaclub arent really going to encourage you to be too silly with modifications. Have a good hard look through rides and projcts and you will see some awesome inspiration. Welcome to Rollaclub, and please take the time to search and find your own info wherever possible, and please use punctuation to the best standard you can.

i prefer hill climbs.Is thr any powerful but cheaper engine for my car?if i wan to temporary maintain n make my car original engine more powerful,wht should i do?

you could go for the 3sge this thread is a little old but it covers most of the info you will need

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...129&hl=3sge

you may need to stay under 2 litre for some events, so the 3sge or 3sgte should do. but as is the beams engine in the better one to go for.

Chris

Yeah a beams, or a 3sge Blacktop from a lexus altezza, to be more specific, is a fantastic motor that performs extremely well and is quite tough. Titanium valves and whatnot. Very exxy though. There wont be much change from 10k from that one. Fits nicely in a 70 though. For a budget option get a Bigport 4age, you can have it in the car over a weekend and your only really looking at maybe 1500 dollars if you have the time to look around for parts at the right price. They perform better than their quoted 86kw sounds, as they make a fair bit of bottom end compared to a 20valve 4age, which will make very little power below 3500rpm. Bigports have been worked up to an atmo figure of 190hp fairly regularly, so there is room to move if you want to mod it later on. There is always turbocharging...

Edited by LittleRedSpirit