Ke 10 Dash/head Unit Fitment

philbey

Ok - first of all, I searched for this and had no luck finding an answer etc.

I am after some simple suggestions on how to fit my head unit into a KE1x dash. As is, there are two steel flanges that hold the factory stereo into place. I was thinking of just getting the old screechy saw out and cutting them out, or I could slit the flange and fold them back and use that to screw to.

If anyone has some better suggestions, or they have pics of how they did it, that would be great.

Before you ask - I didnt post this in the Stereo section cos I looked at all those posts in there and they are all about " how many ohms do I need to get 132dB at 241W RMS out of my double din xbox playing super solid sub box enclosure with slot ports" and so on :y:

Cheers!

tom.

Members dont see this ad

Yeh, I was thinking exactly that. I just can't bring myself to hit it up with the angle grinder.

But as I have no console, I sort of want my glovebox....

Having thought about it some more, I reckon I will sling it under the dash in an aluminium box. We got a brand new sheet bender at work, so I might put it to good use.

I feel your pain. Didn't want to cut up the dash of my old HZ ute which was not fitted with a radio at all. Ended up slotting one in a tray that was moulded into the bottom of the dash. Only had to drill one hole and it was hidden from view.