4a-ge/gze Conversion And Prices

irokin

Members dont see this ad

Straight stock 4AGE, for a small port probably about $600 or so, big port less. I know of a big port going for $3K, but this is very worked, virtually formula atlantic specs. Like I said before, I also know of a 4AGZE minus supercharger for sale, I think it's going for about $700 or so, freshly rebuilt and run in.

• 1 month later...

definately go the ze & get yourself and oversize pulley so you can really have fun :blinks:

if you get bored with it you can use the ze bottom end to build up a 4agte and save yourself a few $$ as opposed to converting a 4age...there's an ae101 gze 1/2 cut going for sale for $1100 on toymods for interests sake

Heya Nick

Welcome to Rolla_Club.... I believe you have meet my other half... Arani :)

I am considering saving up for a 4agze for my rolla II, but theres also the Hachi Roku mmm what to do...

Heres the plan: Fix the 4EFTE put on new shockies and springs... fix body bits.. have it for a every day driver..and save for the ae86 and make it go like the 'hachi roku ghoast of akina mountain' lol :D

I need a 2nd job :sad:

Tom

:blinks:

Hey Tom

indeed i have...she's told me a bit about you and the dramas with the gp...sad to hear :sad:

what issues are you having with it?

yeah id say go the sprinter but i've got a fair bit of bias....prices on them atm though are a bit steep...with the english version of inital d having been released it's renewed the interest in them....for good or bad is yet to be seen....just hope not everyone thats gets into one thinks their a 'ful sic' drift king. I'd hate to see our sprinter stock depleated further. People are selling bone stock 4ac sprinters for 4k and getting it :blinks: but i spose it makes it good for people that have them knowing the resale is still there

you can't go wrong with the gze...forged pistons and strengthened bottom end...just made for forced induction & if you get bored with the s/c simply remove and add manifold + turbo=much fun

lol....inital d is cool, actually manga in general is cool...arani said you guys had only just recently got into it. do you have 3rd stage? its the only one I'm missing....damn i hate crappy 33.6 dialup

I'm sure you could find a REALLY cheap turbo... have it serviced... etc without breaking the budget heheh

absolutely....get a t28 or even ihi like me...you can pick up an rhb5 for about $350....good for about 14psi

irokin: do you know john duel...he's put a 4age into a ke25...I'm sure there'd be some similarity in the conversion...sorry i don't know all that much about them

There is a stack of info in the tech articles section in toymods...i'd post the links but i've already rambled on too much...basically you can compare all the 4ag series and find out how to install them in a sprinter...which isnt that dissimilar to a ke...correct me if I'm wrong

you prolly know all this already anyway...i'll let someone else rant now

:)

/rant

Hi Nick

What's wrong with maxi:

Over fueling, using a bit of oil, back firing, belt noises, running at 50%

The turbo is holding boost, but its like the engine isn't using it, the car struggles for acceleration & revs its like something is blocking the power from coming out.

Besides that suspension needs to be done, the car sits on an angle and the rear tyers are 'bumpy' from the rear end bouncing around over 100km/h. There is some rust spots that need attention in the near future.. I could sell it for a big loss, or just continue with my little project car...

I'm going to see Anthony and see what he thinks about it, he said he has a sneaking suspicion it is electrics, but I'm thinking it is fuel delivery.

ok enough depressing loss of sleep stressful talk... :sad:

When are you getting your ae86 back?

Tom

:blinks:

when i had probs i just called his mobile & work number until i got him....was usually able to get in and get the job done within a week or so

was recommended through john duel...anthony used to own my gze before it was converted...perhaps that has played a part...i don't know...most of the issues i've had have been quick fix problems so that may also be a factor.

still waiting on my gte conversion though...has been 2 months in the making...i do know that he's really busy atm & he's off to sydney shortly to do a conversion...so you probably wouldnt get in to see him

have you got his shop & mob numbers?

he's also had few guys that have been working for him on & off quit so he's fairly backlogged

have you managed to speak to him? what did he say?

every time i speak to him, he says he's busy (which I know) and that he is curious on what the porblem is with my car and he would like to help me find it, its just hard trying to get him to have a look at it ;)

I tried the 'drop in unexpectedly' approach - didn't work

I tried calling the work shop - no one picked up

I tried his emergency repairs mobile number - he was tied up with something else.

It may have been two months or so I've been bothering Ant about my car.. I won't quit tho... ;)

Tom

:KY:

yeah keep at it i say...only way you'll get him to look at it :KY:

it can be hard reaching him at the shop as he's often out getting parts etc...don't bother calling the shop on mondays...he's never there...send him emails every few days until he gets back to you

hopefully i'll have my beast ready by friday (although that was said about last fri) & when i go to pick it up i'll mention that you're keen to throw some business his way