3s Gte

10_ROLA

Hey. I plan on modifying a Carolla to an extent not often seen. Before I start I'll just say budget is no object... I was just wondering what sort of power is the max you could get out of a 3S GTE to the front wheels (they can be used for frontwheel drive, yeh?) Any other engine suggestions please?. Not worried too much about traction just yet (sort it out when the time comes). Any ways any help you guys can give me would be appreciated greatly :)

Cheers LoRola

Members dont see this ad

Firstly: COROLLA.

Most of these question could be answered by a trawl of google.com , looking for 3sg power or similar. If money is no object, neither is the engine. You are only limited by your imagination. I don't know about you, but I can imagine some really neat things! :)

Just remember, you punch 300hp+ through a front drive, you'll break things.

Cheers

R

the 3sgte is an engine with unequalled racing stature. in its most awesome cases they have strocked upwards of 1600kw out of these engines. this is in the supras that the JGTC race with, but for us plebs, realistic figures are easily between 200 and 600 at the wheels. as for a front wheel drive aplication it is no problem, as long as you have kick ass CVs. the engine out of the st205 is the better one to get as it has extra bits and pieces over the st165 and 185. things like extra bolts to hold the head down greatly increased the punishment this engine can take. other technologies that improve block opperating temeratures came into play in the 185 and 205 as the 3S block has always had a reputation of being a hot engine and auxilary cooling such as bonnet vents, thermo fans and seriously upgraded cooling systems are essential in high power aplications. try www.3sgte.com for more helpfull information.