4k Using Too Much Fuel!!

ke70dave

Members dont see this ad

hey thanks for the replys guys, i might hit up the wreckers for a complete 4k carby complete with ALL emissions stuff, just to make sure its not the silly 3k carby, maybe the 3k carby is stuffed...

7.3L/100....ohh man i woudl die for that:P ....hyperthetically of course

interestingly enough, i used to have good fuel economy, and i havent changed anything since then (maybe 4 months ago till now) which also makes me think it might be the carby getting worse....or wearing out maybe? i dunno..

• 2 weeks later...

that is chewing abit,

i went for abit of a hills drive friday night n used about 10 bux n went about 100 k's

and thats with moderate to high revs most of the time, and this is with a stock 5k

although last night i went for another hillsy this time with a full car,(3 others), probs went about 60k's and used about 10 bux again,

so is there anything heavy in ur car u don't realise? lol

haha

not that i know of mate!!!

might be a someone camping out in the boot....but i haven't noticed anyone lately...:P

yeah i still got no idea whats goin on, i went nuts with carby cleaner, and it runs a bit better now, but still havent been able to improve efficiency.

i got 70km from 10$ this week (so maybe 8L)

so a lil improvement, but still annoying though :D

can't wait to get the 4age in there, i wont mind if i use a bit of petrol, at least ill be goin fast ;)

1 Jack up each wheel and check that the brakes are not draging.

2 Check the front wheel bearings are not to tight.

3 Check tyre presures.

4 Take the car on a controlled drive a nice flat drive out in the country for 70km doing about 80-90kmp/h no fast accelaration.

I just bought a holden 1 ton ute that was doing 23 litres per 100km with some work I now have it down to 16 litres per 100km around town, 9 litres per 100km in a controled drive as above.

as comercial vehicles don't need to state fuel usage on the yellow sticker it is also not covered by warranty.

I do wish I bought A new Hilux now.

well its been a while, so time for an update.

i have checked the brakes an no not dragging.

my latest figures have been 90km from about 9L or so, which isnt the best, but its alot better than i was getting. so problem seems to be intermitent....

i went nuts with carby cleaner which made it run a little smoother, but not that much difference...