No Brake Lights? :s, Urgent!

Sim

hey guys, got abit of a problem with my ke20. on sunday my dad noticed that my brake lights weren't working. so i checkd all the globes, even tho i had replaced them all not long ago. none had blown. next thing i looked at where the fuses. found one fuse had blown. i hav no idea what fuse controls what, so i just replaced it and the brake lights started working again. just earlier i thought i'd check to see if they are still working, and they aren't. again i checkd all the globes, where ok. checked the fuse. hadn't blown. checkd all the plugs underneath the dash, the plug for the brake light switch. everything was in. not sure what else to look for :D.

need help urgently!

Members dont see this ad

for the fuse to have blown you probably had a short circuit somewhere. since they've stopped working again but the fuse is still good, the short circuit has probably blown the wiring this time (did you replace it with the right amperage fuse?)

time to get the multimeter onto the plug for the rear light clusters!

1.check fuses

2. check relay

3.check power at switch (brake pedal)

3.check power at fuse box both sides of the fuse

4.check if power to the plug on the light

5.check continuity to plug

6.check all earths.

7.check globe holders

The easiest way is to reverse engineer the brake light system. JUst back track it all