Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nt Major Discussion

Featured Replies

Twas the Blitz Supercharged Rolla I was looking at just now

  • Replies 3.4k
  • Views 285.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could probably get konis/eibachs for 1200ish. cheap coilovers for about 1400.

 

Depends on the money aspect as it always does. I have just done a little reading and have heard "HSD" coil overs arnt to bad. Still see the D2/G4 coilovers are shit everywhere.

 

With the koni/eibach idea. Only thing that can be adjusted is damper yeah? As with coilovers you get damper/camber/height?

I reckon theres a fair bit of bullshit hype around coilovers. Get decent springs with some quality shocks and match the two and you should be right.

Yeah, Koni's/good quality springs(eibach etc) would be probably best bang for buck/reliability I would think.

 

And I mean konis/good shocks would be fine for track anyways. Cheap coilovers for the shiny wank factor :locked:

I figure the same thing about suspension, BUT the only issue is with getting the setup right. It doesn't matter as much for the street, as you'd just go for softer settings to play it safe. But if you're aiming for the best track times, you probably want as much adjustability as possible so you can keep playing until you get the best time possible.

Valid Point, however with all the shit out there (read chinese coilovers) its hard to get a relatively good set of coilovers for a good price. I mean, you will never know if you never use them, all the shit talk just makes it alot harder to decide which set to go for, I have also heard the second gen D2 coilovers are excellent as well. But there are still people out there who think otherwise. Most of the chinese coilovers would be more or less crap. With coilovers you can set them up how ever you want but with springs/shocks you are alot more limited in terms of adjustability. I am sure if one was to do there own research it would become quite obvious as to whether the respective coilovers brands are half decent or not.

 

OMG can you believe I put that together?

Turbos are yucky. Who would ever want one of them?

 

Superchargers & N/A FTW!!!

 

Yea who would ever want an efficiency multiplier. Lets suck power off the crankshaft and waste heat energy out the exhaust!

hmm i hav some think to do and some money to find..

 

superchargers rock mate

Turbos are yucky. Who would ever want one of them?

 

Superchargers & N/A FTW!!!

Watch it buddy, thems' fighten words :D (I know it's not on the motor and the motors not in the car, but I have all the bits err except the car. Which I own but can't seem to get to Darwin) :locked: .

I reckon theres a fair bit of bullshit hype around coilovers. Get decent springs with some quality shocks and match the two and you should be right.

Don't forget the sway bars, you are quite correct of course. Most people get coil overs for the wank factor, they are adjustable (or supposed to be) for rally. Unless you are some sort of drift freak street racer, who wants to adjust everything hard on Friday night(deliver some tofu) and then adjust it back highway driving Sunday night. It is a waste of time and money.

PS did you get that bottom end?

Hi Stephen hows things? Hey has mister twinky got a steering wheel in the color blue? I have some sort of rolla steering wheel here and I'm trying to find a center for it, I actually thing its out of one of the early boxy wedge shaped seccas.

Three posts in a row, Adam will be onto me for being a post whore :locked:

Edited by Sbox

Yea who would ever want an efficiency multiplier. Lets suck power off the crankshaft and waste heat energy out the exhaust!

Man after my own heart, it is the closest thing we will ever get to power for nothing (except the expense of course).

Wouldn't know what a stock twinky steering wheel looked like mines an aftermarket SAAS jobbie :locked:

Don't forget the sway bars, you are quite correct of course. Most people get coil overs for the wank factor, they are adjustable (or supposed to be) for rally. Unless you are some sort of drift freak street racer, who wants to adjust everything hard on Friday night(deliver some tofu) and then adjust it back highway driving Sunday night. It is a waste of time and money.

PS did you get that bottom end?

 

Nah mate, life got in the way. got about 6-7 weeks left of year 12. So telling cars to giffarked until after that. Just not worth my time currently. Sucks, but eh. Not long!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.