Ke70 Whine??

toyota_ae71

Members dont see this ad

is it the diff or box? this wouldn't be effected by driving for 10mins but it is uncommon to find older toyotas with silent diffs.. my diff howls like a dog...

if its not these 2 with it doesn't sound like them, its probaly an air leak in the manifold/carb

Edited by tas_ae71

nah its not the gearbox or diff or the manifold, its sounds like an electrical type of whine, like wen u go under certain power lines they buzz it sorta sounds like that! and its only wen u just put the accelorator down then ya put it through the floor and its alrite, but its really annoying, but i can't hear it asmuch now i got a zorst!

nah its not the gearbox or diff or the manifold, its sounds like an electrical type of whine, like wen u go under certain power lines they buzz it sorta sounds like that! and its only wen u just put the accelorator down then ya put it through the floor and its alrite, but its really annoying, but i can't hear it asmuch now i got a zorst!

sounds like your sound system, engine noise coming out of the speakers maybe? Do you have an amp?

Every time you step on the gas do you hear a loud high pitch hum or buzzing sound coming out of your speakers? Chances are its caused by a ground loop. This is when the amplifier and radio are getting their grounds in 2 different locations and back feeding. Engine noise can also be caused by coil or alternators. simply fit a $5 suppressor on both the alternator and the coil.