Vx Indicators In Ke55

Palmy

hey i have a KE55 and want to know if it will be easy to install Holden VX indicators onto it? would i have to change over the connectors and/or switch wires? i can't find any pics or info on this anywhere on internet and don't really wanna go round town unhooking peples indicators and taking a look at them....lol

Members dont see this ad

First of all you'll need some of the wire and connectors from the vx cause the '55 has different fittings and it'll also be the same with the hole in the panel. Don't know what'll need to be done but i know that with the gemini the hole needs to be enlarged about 10mm or so for the blinker from a vs to fit.

But like i always say "sniff it and see". Pull (unscrew) the blinker from the '55s panel and see where the vx blinker hits on the panel

Yeah thought the same thing when i was having a look at me dads camry indicators. It'll be different, maybe a little tacky.

Would have to give it a sniff and taste. It'll be the only to see if you like it or not.

Thinking about it, it'll be something that'll only really stand out once its pointed out.

I fitted commo vt blinkers on my ke35, I think they're much the same. I just plated and bogged the old hole at the front of the guard and repositioned them towards the back of the guard (like where most new cars are today), on the wiring sides of things i just put new plugs on both the blinker and the car and it didn't matter which order the wires were they worked either way. Fitting was pretty easy just had to make a nice shape hole for the clip on the back of the blinker to slide and lock onto the guard. I did a couple of test runs on a bit of scrap metal first to get it right. :D If you need any help with this i can take a few photos of the hole i cut out to give you a ruff idea. Just PM me

Cheers Mick

DSC04137.jpg

DSC04134.jpg

Edited by Mickoolz

hey thanks mate, ur car looks bloody nice!! and where the indicators sit look even better then there original position. ROLLLA had VX series Statesman indicators on his 55 which are square and he had no problem fitting and wiring them so i think i will try n find a set of them cause it then saves boggin and smoothin the recess. have a look in the rides and projects section if u want (it's a bloody nice car)

hey thanks mate, ur car looks bloody nice!! and where the indicators sit look even better then there original position. ROLLLA had VX series Statesman indicators on his 55 which are square and he had no problem fitting and wiring them so i think i will try n find a set of them cause it then saves boggin and smoothin the recess. have a look in the rides and projects section if u want (it's a bloody nice car)

Thanks dude, I noticed Rolla's blinkers the other day they look sweet, infact his whole ride is hot! It definately would be an easier option then mine. It all depends what look your after i suppose. I spent a bit of time on the body work of mine coz she was pretty beaten up so I decided a bit of extra work on the blinkers wouldn't hurt.

I'll get ya those pics and dimensions tommorrow and post em here.

Cheers, Mick

Edited by Mickoolz