Vr4 4g63 Dohc Into A Ke30

raff_gsr

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its going into a ke15 sprinter at the moment its in bare metal. going to paint it alaskin white and and wait till i do under the bonnet becuase i sorta after some help with engine mounts and pics of them to make it easier. but is just sunday ive relised how much u really have to respect a powerfull turbo car becuase my mate just smashed his 300zx tt into a tree after 5 min of having it. we painted it big cooler exhaust and 12 pound of boost. so mmmm not happy but shit happens. this is y I'm going to be running mine on low boost for a little while to see what blows up and how it goes till i start running bigger boost.

Edited by p_schrapel

its going into a ke15 sprinter at the moment its in bare metal. going to paint it alaskin white and and wait till i do under the bonnet becuase i sorta after some help with engine mounts and pics of them to make it easier. but is just sunday ive relised how much u really have to respect a powerfull turbo car becuase my mate just smashed his 300zx tt into a tree after 5 min of having it. we painted it cooler big exhaust and 12 pound of boost. so I'm running it on low boost for while.

Sound like a good idea.

The last time i got mine tuned with 19psi, the next few weeks i had some scary experiences, wheelspin happens when you really don't want it, or expect it. Eg.

overtaking at 80kph at 1/2 throttle, i was just lucky.

I would never sell my car without detuning it for this reason.

yeah stuff that I'm only doing mine because its just so cheap and easy for wiring and everything no one could even imagine and the power u can get out of one is astonishing. I'm only after to pull up next to a p plater with a 5l v8 and just bet it off the line and mostly up the road. all p platers thinks there cars are the best until they pull up next to a little 4cyl that doesnt look any good and looks slow. i can't wait

Hi all, figured i should post up how my project is going at the moment.

So the engine and gearbox are in as is the interior, it starts and runs. I have put my radiator in (modified the std one 3 core now) and a huge as thermo fan. everything is plumbed except my exhaust which has not be able to be done as ive been missing a strut for a while.

So late last week i got my brake caliper mounts back from my mate who was milling them up for me, look schmick as and I'm pround of my measuring skills as they bolted right up no worries. So i got some rotors, volkwagon golf rotors (re-drilled) and my gsr lancer calipers and bolted it all up and everything tracks perfect nothing rubs and all is neat. The rotors are 256mm OD and are 20mm thick vented, clamped on but bendix pads in the gsr calipers, who's piston is pushed out by a susuki swift booster and a 13/16th's master.

I have had no luck trying it all out yet as no drive shaft and i can't get my wheels on (original 13's) in fact they wont even bolt on over just the rotor, so for now i have them on backwards (super wide wheel base) and just the rotors. looks kinda funny actually.

I have got all my interior work done, just need to put in my passengers seat, and when i get the money some kind of stereo. My interior is completely stock, except for gauges in dash and the center console which is from a honda prelude 3rd gen, my mate was wrecking it and i thought that will fit perfect, and well it does :P.

So atm i am waiting on a drive shaft, which i hope to get tomorrow, then an exhaust and need to re-spray the whole car and finish body work off, and put the glass in and rubber up all the sealing points.

ill throw up a few pics of my brakes, i went this route for brakes as it was cheap for me as i had the calipers already, knew someone that could mill them and did the 3d drawings and measuring up myself.

They cost me;

Steel for mounts 25mm thick - $40

Mounts Milled - bottle of jack $35.... better than the $640ish they would be if done by random workshop

Calipers - off of half cut

Pads - $45

Rotors - $40 each

Bolts - $8

Booster and Master - $50

Time - too many hours to want to know

so about $230 all up

post-4463-1203935324_thumb.jpg

post-4463-1203935386_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

g'day guys just wondering if its possible if anyone can send me a pic or 2 of there engine mounts they made to fit a 4g63 into there rolla. ive got everything for my conversion here and I'm just in the process of getting it sent off to get painted. and just wondering if i can get some pics while the car itsnt here so i can oragise stuff that i need. thanks guys

g'day guys just wondering if its possible if anyone can send me a pic or 2 of there engine mounts they made to fit a 4g63 into there rolla. ive got everything for my conversion here and I'm just in the process of getting it sent off to get painted. and just wondering if i can get some pics while the car itsnt here so i can oragise stuff that i need. thanks guys

Hi there mate, if your using a 4g63 engine then the metal block mounts out of a Triton ute with a 4g64 engine will bolt right up to your block (can't remem if it hit turbo or not, but will only require a notch from memory if it does) and will sit perfect for allignment of the engine and everything, then just throw some cortina rubber mounts between the xmember mounts and your 4g64 mounts and it should sit about perfect, when i tested fitted a 63 in to mine it sat perfect (didnt have the cortina rubbers then but just sat it about an 1" up).

The mounts i did for my engine the 4g93T all i did was cut the angled part off of the backing plate from a 4g64 triton and just welded it to an 8mm plate then drilled my holes where i needed them. The 93 block is a fair bit different to the 63 as they are different series hence the 4g9x and the 4g6x, however the 63 and 64 are pretty well the same block both being from the 4g6x family.

Hope this helps!! sorry that i can't remember what model triton that engine is in, i just had a 64 engine sitting round from one that we fixed ages ago.

This is an image of my mounts Well the exhaust side.

post-4463-1209964161_thumb.jpg

post-4463-1209964262_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete-ke20