Leaf Spring Sandwich Bushes In Polyurethane

slapper

okay. I wanted to replae the leaf spring sandwich bushes in the KE25 with polyurethane, but nobody does them any more.

I'm thinking about making some of my own, but it's going to cost about $100 to tool up and then the 90 durometer (about the same as nolathane in hardness) urethane can only be bought in 1.5 kg tins ... another $90

Now, I'd like to replace these bushes, but I don't $200 like the idea.

Here's the thing ... if I make these, and they turn out well, would anybody else be interested in buying these bushes off me for probably about $50 or $60 a set? This would be all four needed to sandwich the leaves left and right on the diff.

I've found someone who'll go halves in the setup costs (pinky silicon, release agent etc), I just need to justify the $90 worth of urethane I'd have to buy now!

I'm not lookiong for a definite commitment from people, but a serious indication of interest if the bushes turn out well (there's always a chance this won't work at all and I'll have blown my money well and truly in that situation!).

somebody?

anybody?

cheers,

Slapper

Members dont see this ad