Mystik V2.0

MYSTIK

well i never got round to posting up my old ae92 cs hatch so ill just throw a link up for it

Mystik V1.0 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/687081

now for Mystik V2.0

bought for the under $3k @ the beginning of last month as a almost complete stocker(it had window tint) from a car yard. now the car had been sitting there for a minimum of 4 months as that was when the rego had expired.

anyways to make a long story short i handed over a deposit after a short test drive.

this is it in its stockness.

post-1204-1194497949_thumb.jpg

post-1204-1194498078_thumb.jpg

Edited by MYSTIK

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now in the proceeding month i have swapped/replaced

replaced the front/rear rotors for slotted items

replaced the brake pads at the same time

swapped the suspension from my CS

swapped the mags with my CS

swapped the steering wheel, gearknob and shift boot from my CS

swapped the airbrushed glove from my CS

two new front tires and full wheel alignment

changed oil, oil filter, air filter, sparkplugs, awaiting the fuel filter

removed the old tint and had it replaced with sungard endurance tint (life time warranty)

post-1204-1194500398_thumb.jpg

post-1204-1194500525_thumb.jpg

post-1204-1194500592_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

hmmm well since almost been 10 months since i updated this thread :)

anyways since then, i found a nice set of power mirrors from a series 1 sx and fitted them, and bonus was that all i had to was hook it up to the original wiring in the car (owners before must have busted the original power mirrors). i've also added a 2inch exhaust from the cat, to the cannon off of my hatch, its a little bit droney but i don't mind it, and a k&n panel filter to the standard airbox.

plus i found myself a nice sprinter grill on ebay :wink:

before

seca011.jpg

after

Image003.jpg

upclose

Image002.jpg

now here comes the good bit i went looking for a ae9x sprinter front bar but couldnt find one so i settled on a FXGT front bar(it needs a little work) even though it has been stated on twincam that it will and it wont fit

they certainly will providing that you have the bar mounts to suit the fxgt.

Dude Ive looked into, they wont fit secas without modifaction... Secas have a longer nose

Well if u didnt know, its been mentioned in other posts.. Hatch front bars are slightly shorter on the sides, its not noticeable by eye... So the hatch bar wont line up the wheel arch/guard... I can't remember exactly what was needed 2 modify it to fit....

and i can 100% confirm that it does fit and suits the seca nose quite nicely. my bar sits slightly to the passenger side by a fraction due to my seca have a whack on the drivers side at some time in its life(hence the mix and match of s1 and s2 parts :D)

with the FXGT front bar

Image005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i have been planning on painting the cam cover for a while now, and i have finally got around to doing it so,

theres a before picture somewhere earlier on in the thread, but they weren't anything special to begin with because they were still the stock standard colours from the factory.

i was going to do them blue but i was over keen on the 3 different blue in the range and i didnt like the red, so i went with gloss black and i sanded down the letter after the paint dried.

seca013.jpg

and i obviously used with new cam cover seals/bolts as well :D

• 3 months later...

anyways i finally received a parcel this morning in the post in form of a set clear lenses.

i will post a picture up in the next few days.

then the final exterior change will be in the form of a set of FXGT inspired mirrors from the South African Toyota Tazz (basically a corolla)

• 2 months later...
anyways i finally received a parcel this morning in the post in form of a set clear lenses.

i will post a picture up in the next few days.

then the final exterior change will be in the form of a set of FXGT inspired mirrors from the South African Toyota Tazz (basically a corolla)

where did you get your clear lenses from as i am lookin for some

cheers william

p.s love what you have done gotta love the seca's

where did you get your clear lenses from as i am lookin for some

cheers william

p.s love what you have done gotta love the seca's

Cheers mate, the seca wasnt my first choice of sx, i would have preferred a hatch, but in the end the call of the 4age won me over and the seca shape has grown on me the past couple of years, actually I'm 3 days off of officially owning this car for 2 years :P

Plus the bonus is that i have used all genuine parts(except the clear lenses/wheels) to create what it currently looks like

the clear lenses i got from a group buy on twincam.org. But if you want to buy a set there is a member from south africa by the name of Hybrid who can get you a set.

Hey Dale,

Just saw the name of your thread again and in light of the recent new vegimite naming i declare you should change it from MYSTIK V2.0 to iDrive 2.0 :y:

Get your shit together so we can get this sucker painted :D

Fail on the name change ryan same and the new vegimite name is up for grabs again :rock: which reminds me my evil twin no plates are still getting around, and i been blamed for snubbing work colleagues when it wasnt me :wub: so i need to find this other car and park along side and take some happy snaps to prove i have an evil twin

eh we'll see how quickly this gets to paint as i have a list of a few things that need to altered before/while its being painted.

which includes the removal of a few non essential things :y:

Edit: if i get a chance to toss a bucket(or 2) of water over the car in the next couple of days, i'll take some pics of the new lenses

Edited by MYSTIK

• 5 months later...

Well not a great deal has happen in the last 6/7 months, with only the addition of a rear strut brace from whiteline.

I have recently acquired a complete 4agte package ;) and by complete i mean all the bells and whistles :o i shall be posting pictures once it lobs at my front door :lol:

Edited by MYSTIK