4age Into Ae92

jaychen

Hey all, new to the rollaclub. i had a n13 pulsar and was dissapointed with their overall bodyshape/engine and decided to move to a ae92 cs rolla. I'm wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to put either a 16v or 20v 4age into a 1991 CS corolla. what needs to be done in terms of customizing eg. engine mounts etc??? any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm only writing a new topic as ive tried to search but it comes up with nothing every time. cheers all and look forward to cruising with you guys when my project is finished!!

Members dont see this ad

the silvertop IMO is a complete waste of time. black top with a 6 speed, fair improvement, but their are a few mods that are required.

power steering needs some mods from memory,possibly a new high pressure hose

gearbox mounts and possibly custom linkages

wiring for ecu etc.

airbox mounting(it is not cool to have things floating wildy in your engine bay)

There may be other things that are required, but its been a long time since I completed this conversion, and I just can't remember.

Also don't expect to find a blacktop front cut for less than around $2500, plus all your mods and fittings etc, plus a new clutch, timing belt, pulleys, seals, and if you really want to be safe, water pump.

You may as well do all this stuff while the motor is out, adding the peace of mind gained from knowing that all these parts are new, because even though most front cuts will say 100k on the odometer, its never true.

Edited by Rollaboy2608

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If it will bolt into a 1987 twincam corolla (it does) it should bolt into a 91 CS, may have to swap some mounts around, but definitely no custom stuff.

oh ok, Kool!

but how much would a 7AFE go for these days?

i got a quote from Ichiban for 4AGE Blacktop 20V + 5spd manual gearbox: $1300

Ichiban i don't think stocks the 7afe :dance:

and how much would a 4AGE swap in an AE92 usually cost? like just the manual labour ascides engine price.

what about the 7AFE? how much? i can barely find out advertised for sale

Edited by Hans