Vibratiing Ke30

cut03

Members dont see this ad

i have pulled out the gear box 3 times trying to find the problem. i did change the tail shaft... the uni joints are in good condition and the weights are there but the problem must be fly/clutch... because it vibrates when your not moving and foot down on the clutch. when you rev it up it vibrates like mad! i will have a nother look at it tomorow and tinker with the flywheel.

Push it in till it stops. Use a socket that that is the right diametre to sit on the out wall of the bearing (bit that contacts the crank) and lightly tap it with a hammer until it won't go any further.

If the bearing was slightly crooked, this could give you a vibration, but you would think that it would centre itself pretty quick with centrifugal force if this was the issue.

Make sure all contact surfaces are 100% clean when mounting. Cross tighten when you torque it. 6.2k for fly 2.1k for clutch

I belive the flywheels are balanced seperatly. Has Yours been lightened or resurfaced?

Were all the dowels in the flywheel when you mounted the pressure plate?It bolted on without any drama? If you got accesss to a

magnetic stand dial guage, You could stick it on to see whats going on. Is there any difference if clutch is engaged or not?

(sure its running on all 4? )

Make sure all contact surfaces are 100% clean when mounting. Cross tighten when you torque it. 6.2k for fly 2.1k for clutch

I belive the flywheels are balanced seperatly. Has Yours been lightened or resurfaced?

Were all the dowels in the flywheel when you mounted the pressure plate?It bolted on without any drama? If you got accesss to a

magnetic stand dial guage, You could stick it on to see whats going on. Is there any difference if clutch is engaged or not?

(sure its running on all 4? )

how bad is this vibration will it ripple a cup of water?

For the ultimate smooth engine balance flywheel bolted onto the crank in a lathe. IF it was a trimatic they run a guide in the end of the crank to locate the torque converter is that still in ?

or maybe some back yarder has machined the flywheel clutch face or the engine was dropped.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the delay...went on holidays... it was a trimatic and whats this guide thing you talk of? it hasnt been lightened.and the dowls were all there and everything was clean. its running on all 4 and it doesnt matter if the clutch is engaged or not and theres no pedal pulsing or anything like that,

• 1 year later...

Guys this is my first post, but I have a simular problem, I have a 5K + 5 speed in a Morris Minor Ute, problem is I have a

shocking shudder when letting out the clutch in first gear if the car is on a hill, the whole car shakes its back side off, I have spent all day

changing the flywheel to one which has been machined, I took it for a run and it is exactly the same.

I have a new clutch and pressure plate, new uni joints.

So could it be a stuffed clutch and pressure plate or is there a known problem with the 5 speed gear boxes?