Negitive On The Dizzy

trdcamrypride

on my camry i need to know where the negitive is as it has an inbuilt coil there are 2 pairs of wires coming out of it there is a blue wire (it goes into a little green conector thingy) and a red wire, then there is a black wire and a black with a red stripe on it if anyone can help it will be much appriciated.

Members dont see this ad

I guess we are looking for the tacho pulse/drive wire not the negitive. most tachos use green for the pulse wire (if your is diffrent follow the instructions) if you ground/negitive the wire you tacho will not work.

don't know much about the model toyota you have but maybe the ECU (computer) drives the dizzy and supplys the inbuilt coil with the pulse.

Find a wiring diagram and look for the tach drive pin on the ECU.

I wouldnt play too much with the dizzy as i don't think youll find it there and may also damage something.

My 84 model pulsar dizzy and coil are controlled buy the ECU and the 4 wires on the dizzy are +12, - Ground, fire pulse, Home position.

none of them will run a tacho.