Ke70 Performance Parts

billyrock

hey guys good news, as some of you may kno i was goin to put a v8 in my ke70 but not anymore :hmm: after looking over the 4k i realised it only needs a head gasket but i want it to go hard so if there are any good parts. turbos, cams, carb ect. can u please post what they are

cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys good news, as some of you may kno i was goin to put a v8 in my ke70 but not anymore :hmm: after looking over the 4k i realised it only needs a head gasket but i want it to go hard so if there are any good parts. turbos, cams, carb ect. can u please post what they are

cheers

lol v8 josh young put one in his hachi and he had to do firewall mods and shit u would have a hard time gettin it enginered

a 4k aint gonna go 2 hard but anyways most people would use 32/38 webbers extractors 2 inch pipe turbo wise u gonna need forged internals and what not maybe a t25

haha yea i was goin to have to take out almost half the firewall

it don't matter if it isnt gonna go 2 hard I'm only 14 and I'm building it up for when i get my l's but i can't decide on turbo or supercharger :hmm:

where can i get extractors and what do u meen by forged internals like conrods crank or low comp pistons??

Edited by billyrock

will a 5k head make any more performance on the 4k motor?

nah m8 it'll put the compression down

Perfect for that supercharged/turbo'd motor, not so good for L's or P's tho :thumbsup:

You want a big port 3K head on there to bump up the compression :D

Cheers

Harvo

A 5K head will make compression on a 4K go WAY up. You'll end up with something like 15:1. Great for methanol, not so great for anything else.

ahhhk sounds sweet but not leagal for my p's maybe when i make for drags

are pod air cleaners still legal after all this new restrictions shit?

ok so i was thinking about turbo. i kno this has been talked about shit loads but i think i have some new ideas

if u run a 2" zorst then u need a 2" inlet (based on a draw through system with the carb infront of the turbo)

my reason to think this is. if the turbo is getting fed by a 2"zorst it will make 2" worth of inlet ( i kno this is hardly a scientific exlanation but c'mon I'm 14)

and if the pipe from the manifold to the turbo and the pipe from the turbo to the plenium are the same lenght it will give a more responsive power curve and reduse lag because it will be pushing the same volume of air as it is being pushed by.

so anyway thats my idea tell me if u think its shit or if it might work

Edited by billyrock

• 2 weeks later...
ok so i was thinking about turbo. i kno this has been talked about shit loads but i think i have some new ideas

if u run a 2" zorst then u need a 2" inlet (based on a draw through system with the carb infront of the turbo)

my reason to think this is. if the turbo is getting fed by a 2"zorst it will make 2" worth of inlet ( i kno this is hardly a scientific exlanation but c'mon I'm 14)

and if the pipe from the manifold to the turbo and the pipe from the turbo to the plenium are the same lenght it will give a more responsive power curve and reduse lag because it will be pushing the same volume of air as it is being pushed by.

so anyway thats my idea tell me if u think its shit or if it might work

Is that you Roger Cordia? lol

hey mate. a good conversion is go down to your local wreckers and buy yourself a 4g63 out of a lancer or a hyndai then go onto ebay and buy yourself a trubo kit for $600-$700 they go in easy as all hell and the wiring is so basic. them for your drive line get a tail shaft made up and use a sigma gear box they arent that strong but will last if u don't give it to much shit. I'm just in the process of putting mine in my car now. i know with ke55 brakes on my ke15 it will pass enigeers in melbourne but got to use a good exhaust system and use a charcoal canister which u can get off any car. and in the way of a fuel system buy a variable fuel pressure reg $45, surge tank $110, any external fuel pump for a lift pump from your tank to your surge tank and then use a vl or vl turbo fuel pump $110 for your pump from your surge to your engine and some bundy tube from a place like pertek or enzed for a return line. its easy so far mine has cost me $1100. enigine cost $250, gear box $75, clutch $150, and the rest i mentioned above. and my tail shaft is under $100 so its easy