rwd-starlet

Members dont see this ad

i would imagin that would be fairly close.

i was considering the quad bike carb option but after some research and talking to other bike guys i figured that a pair of side drafts would be a lot simpler, easyer to tune, you can buy manifolds for some motors and they are bigger.

compare them to a pair of 40mm side drafts.... just my 2c anyway

swapping jets etc shouldnt be an issue, don't forget that although the bike motor may of only been 750cc it also would have quite high compression and would rev to 12-16k or more.

just a quick question, what is that thing that gose from between the carbs and underneath them? kinda look like a electrical connection, which if it is you may run into problems.

As for the manifold I had an idea to run it similar to the EFI 4ks and have long runners and the carbs sitting near the rocker cover. Means very good low end torque with still very good top end. Will basically have to make my own manifold but I'm not worried was origionally going to use twin SUs with a similar setup.

You might even have to down-jet carbs off a 1100.

ZZR1100 carbs for the win!!! That's what we did with the Samara Rally Car, and it transformed it into a weapon. More torque and HP. Most moto carbs are happy with about 3psi, and aren't really affected by mounting angle within reason... If you have a problem with fuel pressure (or want to experiment) I've also got Speco Fuel Pressure regs on the shelf for $70, adjustable 1-6psi...

We just got an exhaust fabricator to make up the inlet manifold, and did an excellent job! We found the 1100 carbs worked well on the 1300 Samara, but it did rev to 9,000rpm...

post-3931-1201930624_thumb.jpg

post-3931-1201930678_thumb.jpg

post-3931-1201930747_thumb.jpg

post-3931-1201930814_thumb.jpg