February 4, 200818 yr comment_225355 hey everyone, I recently aquired an australian, 1983 sprinter. I am wondering how hard it is to change the rear drum brakes to discs? Cheers Mark Report
February 4, 200818 yr comment_225447 as far as i know its not possible on an s series diff (i may be wrong) all i know is that u require a t series diff (t18) and corona disks http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/faq/inde...ar_Disc_Upgrade Report
February 4, 200818 yr comment_225449 Grab a st141 or rt142 disc brake diff and put it in and viola disc ass end. Report
March 12, 200818 yr comment_232869 AE70, is there any issue with the length of the diff assembly going under an AE82. no sticking out wheels or anything? Whoops, can I blame my computer for dual identical posts? The computer in my head? Now I know what fwd means. f***witted d/h Edited March 12, 200818 yr by graham7773 Report
March 12, 200818 yr comment_232870 AE70, is there any issue with the length of the diff assembly going under an AE82. no sticking out wheels or anything? Ae82 = FWD ST141/RT142 = RWD. Not much hope unless you have a Jig, Mig welder and lots of talent plus a large wallet. Report
March 21, 200818 yr comment_234484 Ae82 = FWD ST141/RT142 = RWD. Not much hope unless you have a Jig, Mig welder and lots of talent plus a large wallet. OK, I new to rollas. did not think of diff. thinking about changing from rear drum to rear disc brakes on my AE82. can it be done? Is it simple? how much is involved in changing the hand brake? also, my AE82 sedan has an anti roll bar fitted to the rear suspension but no anti roll bar on the front suspension. will a later model anti roll bar fit on my front end? If so, how do I do it? Report
March 21, 200818 yr comment_234509 Grab a st141 or rt142 disc brake diff and put it in and viola disc ass end. Of course the fact that my AE82 is front wheel drive will not be any sort of an inconvenience, will it? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now