March 4, 200818 yr comment_231373 Hey guys, on the way to work today, and i noticed when i push back / accelerate onto my seat, the left side back support seems to have given way. i have no idea how to fix it and its really anoying me now, as when i turn i almost end up in the passenger seat. Is this a common problem easy fixed? i can post photos up if you need.. thanks, chet Edited March 4, 200818 yr by Chet Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231387 I KNEW IT! Same problem with mine. :D Though I am doing my upholstery so I got busy with my knife :wink: Drivers seat left support rips away from the spot weld thing down the bottom area, and the right side of the front passenger seats frame at the bottom breaks away at the spot weld too. Weird problem I can say. Though only way I've been able to get into it is with my trusty knife :hmm: But then you will need someone to reupholster the seats again and it will cost a bit of money I suppose. Hope it helps. Edited March 4, 200818 yr by WinKE55 Report
March 4, 200818 yr Author comment_231391 yeah i just did a closer inspection.. and looked at the passenger seat as well.. and yeah i can see how the welding has snapped.. Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231392 Maybe get new seats? Or rip off the seats, re-weld the metal back to the frame. May as well inspect the seat while you have already cut into the upholstery and make sure no other damage is there. Then get someone to re-upholster the seats again? If you have the money of course.. If not then I am a little stumped how you can fix it without cutting into the back of the seat there. *Edit* Plus also if you do decide to buy new seats. Keep in mind if you have a coupe, get coupe seats. As the coupe seats don't have the same seat adjuster as the sedans do. Though I am sure you would know that already buddy. Edited March 4, 200818 yr by WinKE55 Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231516 don't go cutting it up, you should be able to get in there with a dremel to clean it up and stick a mig in there to whack a couple of welds on. IT might only last 12 months, but at least its cheap and easy. By the way, have a fire extinguisher on hand too in case you light her up! Report
March 5, 200818 yr comment_231531 Probally a different problem, but some nufty over tightened the bolts holding the seat back and pulled them through the metal. Needed to put big ass washers on the bolts. Report
March 5, 200818 yr comment_231550 You'll find that you will be able to remove the steel clips seen in the left of pic number 2 and most of the cover on the seat will lift up...Remove the steel clips with some pliers and then reapply them when fixed. I had this problem about a year ago....fixed it all up within a couple of hours. Then i went and bought a recaro.....lol Report
March 5, 200818 yr comment_231575 Yeah I was going to mention the pin clip things.. though I couldn't pull mine up when I had taken them all off. So I just used a knife =] Report
March 5, 200818 yr Author comment_231606 thanks for the help guys.. i'll see how i go by trying to take the seat off without tearing into it to weld it back together.. for the meantime... i have two milk crates pressed up against the back seat and drivers seat keeping my seat nice and study :( Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now