March 4, 200818 yr comment_231380 Anyone a 1st year Apprentice mechanic? doing mechanical course at tafe this year at ashmore? starting on the 20th march? just wondering as i do and i wont know anyone there haha (no friends) Cheers Brendan Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231409 not studing there myself but ill be around there a bit one of my unlicensed mates is there Report
March 4, 200818 yr Author comment_231449 oh okay fair enough. thought there would be a fair few that are on here that going to tafe. coz i heard the class is fairly big. and most corolla projectors are mechanics. haha. Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231457 Anyone a 1st year Apprentice mechanic? doing mechanical course at tafe this year at ashmore? starting on the 20th march? just wondering as i do and i wont know anyone there haha (no friends) Cheers Brendan I'm a 1st year apprentice mechanic but i think i will be doing my tafe at Logan or somewhere up here. How many months did you do before you started tafe ? Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231460 oh okay sweet. started in july 2007. so 8 mths. Ok I'm only 5 months in and was just wondering when i go, When i ring all trades and ask they say they will ring me back but never do. Report
March 4, 200818 yr Author comment_231463 yeh i work with dad coz he owns the business and he wanted me to have a couple months working before i got in. did you get ur tools and stuff. I'm still waiting for my $500 that you get every 6 mths. yeh and I'm with busy at work they're alright they said the same thing dad said with waiting couple months and start this year. but yeh you should be starting tafe soon too. 5 months is more then enough Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231466 First year apprentice mechanic. I work at Bryan Byrt Ford in Mansfield. I do not go to Tafe as we do our special Ford training through a live feed satalite to Melbourne! Report
March 4, 200818 yr Author comment_231468 haha technology these days. i think id prefer to get outta the workshop one day of the week lol. Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231470 It has it's ups and downs I must say. Good point: No teacher. The live feed is over the TV and we see and hear him. Though he cannot see us! We get away with eating in class, mucking around, anything haha. Bad point: Still in the Ford building and when there is technical difficulties you loose education and time I suppose. Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231472 Ive got about 2k worth of new tools so far. $450 from all trades. $800 from the government. And the rest i have bought as ive needed it. RACQ also helped me out big time with my tools. Report
March 4, 200818 yr Author comment_231473 lol true. i don't go to tafe yet so i can't say if its good or not hahaha. all i kno is ashmore one is near a pub and lot of them go there for there hours lunch. sounds good to me hahaha Report
March 4, 200818 yr comment_231483 Apprentice Auto Electrician, Start Tafe thursday at mt. gravatt.. Report
March 5, 200818 yr Author comment_231616 ah ok i knew u did something with cars. so no one is going to ashmore at all or goes to ashmore but studies something else on a thursday? damn Report
March 5, 200818 yr comment_231621 I use to have to travel down there 5 days a week. I couldn't stand the drive from Logan, I lasted a little over 6 months. One of my lecturers wasn't too bright. Every week I'll wind the clock in the room forward 5-15 after each break so we would be able to go home early. After a month he started wearing a watch. Must have wondered why he was so early for the next class. 6 hours of engineering was abit much tho. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now