March 10, 200818 yr comment_232299 I was wondering what is the difference between a 4k an a 4k-c, is it to do with the emmission controls i realise it may be a stupid question but i don't know alot about the k series. I'm wanting to know cause i have a 4k and I'm able to get a 4k-c engine manual. any help would be geart cheers Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_232352 I thought the difference was with the carbies? Though I could be wrong. Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_232360 The 'c' simply designates the type of injection, which happens to be carburettor. If you happened to have, say a 7k-e, this means it has electronic injection. The same goes for all the old school Toyota motors (well most of them). There are other letters that mean other things such as 'g' 'f' and 'z'. Matt. Edited March 10, 200818 yr by 78_7kRolla Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_232381 The 'c' simply designates the type of injection, which happens to be carburettor. If you happened to have, say a 7k-e, this means it has electronic injection. The same goes for all the old school Toyota motors (well most of them). There are other letters that mean other things such as 'g' 'f' and 'z'. Matt. Not exactly true. The C stands for California emissions package, it is just a coincidence that no EFI cars were labelled with the C (mainly because emissions control changes so much with EFI). 3K-B, 3K-H, 2TG, 18RG etc are all carby, but don't have the -C package. The Japanese emissions package lasted into the EFI labelling era, and was given the U designation, ie 18RGEU, 2TGEU, 4AGELU etc Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_232397 You will notice the 4K-C has all the emissions crap on it, Whereas the 4K doesn't.. Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_232406 While we are on this subject. 4k-C and 4K engine have similiar engine numbers too wont they? Like with the 4K engine, it has 4K then XXXXXX of numbers, does a 4K-C have the engine number the same or with an added C? Sorry if I am stealing your thread buddy.. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now