March 24, 200818 yr comment_234913 I have just bought a 1989 nova and now I learn that it has a 6AFE carby motor in it. Is there any major difference between these and the 4AFC carby motor? If there is/are, what are they and are they mutually exclusive? Report
March 24, 200818 yr comment_234915 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_engine looks to be that the only difference is the smaller bore Report
March 24, 200818 yr Author comment_234920 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_engine looks to be that the only difference is the smaller bore Thanks for that but now I am confused! I was told the motor is a 1600cc. Don't mind 1400cc, cheaper on fuel and I am way past hooning around. Will have to get engine number and ask Toyota Report
March 24, 200818 yr comment_234921 it should say on your compliance plate or something Edited March 24, 200818 yr by Sam_Q Report
March 24, 200818 yr comment_235040 Just a small thing, but it's a 6AFC, not a 6AFE. The E means electronic fuel injection, and you said yourself that yours is carby. And if it really is a 6A, then it is definitely 1.4L. Some people get confused and assume that the 6 means 1.6L, but it's not the case. As to what they came in, basically the lowest-spec of the Series 1 AE92-shape Corollas and Novas (SE or CS for the Corolla, not sure for the Nova) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now