Ae71

xdanielx

hey i just lurked the first 10 pages of tech forums and couldnt find what i wanna know so here goes...

firstly,

I'm gonna put coilovers in the ae71, I'm thinking s13, with s13 brakes...as I'm a nissan boy :(

what is involved, IE: control arms changes and what not??

and is it au falcon springs with now shorter shockers for the rear?

second, the diff, will be welded i guess, needs to be disc break rear and keep same stud pattern.

what should i use, T-series diff?? if so what has to be changed to put it in??

also will the falcon springs still work with that diff??

will neede to be able to support ca18det amount of power also

any help will be awesome thanks guys :o

Members dont see this ad

if your a nissan boi buy a nissan, if you want to stuff how it handles put s13 front end in.

while your at it chuck a nissan motor to complete the ruining of handling.

if you will read other treads, you will notice that s13 susy should stay in a silvia.

edit: sorry i reread your post, missed that you are actually planning to putting a ca in..

Edited by tas_ae71

lol settle down looks like we have another internet warrior on our hands. :(

Mate i have had a few nissans and there ace.

Now I'm looking for a bit of fun in something alittle cheaper.

pretty sure I'm not the first to of done this, so stop bashing ur keyboard with negative shit. :o

if your a nissan boi buy a nissan, if you want to stuff how it handles put s13 front end in.

while your at it chuck a nissan motor to complete the ruining of handling.

if you will read other treads, you will notice that s13 susy should stay in a silvia.

edit: sorry i reread your post, missed that you are actually planning to putting a ca in..

Edited by xdanielx

if you want ot upgrade the front suspension, look at AE86 parts. throwing nissan stuff at it will upset the front end geometery.

if it's only going to be used off the street, never to be reg'd, if you've got cheap nissan gear, throw it in...

no your not the first to do this and I'm "bashing my keyboard" for good reason. okay so i was fairly pissed off last night and i kinda took some of that out on your thread. ill give you the run down on the s13 gear.

benefits:

cheap brake upgrade, if you use ca18 brake you can still fit 14's over them which is a plus to some people

used coilovers are fairly cheap and easy to get along with a std brake setup compared to move conventional methods

huge amounts of lock is achievable

downfalls:

severely upsets front end geometry (because it has no droop as the suspension moved)

steering gets heavier as you turn which gives it an inconsistency

perhaps for just a cheap drift car than it maybe exceptable but 2 of my mates who have gone with s13 gear, liked the amount of lock and was happy to start with but realised later that it really just doesn't work. one removed the set-up and sold it and the other put up with it until he is able to afford a 86 coilover setup. you wouldn't even think for a second of using it in a car that was going to be used primarily for grip driving, it doesn't matter quite as much with suspension for a drift setup especially as a lower "thrasher/fun" level.

as for my comments on a ca, even in standard for they are going to power a 900kg car along fairly easily as you have probaly figured and can usually be picked up fairly cheaply as they seem to be the 4ac of the nissan world. if it was going to be a dedicated track car then your able to cut the fire wall so you can mount the motor as far back as possible. you can potentially improve the weight distribution if your willing to put in extra work to archive this. how ever most do not then you see people doing engine conversions and going, "hhmm where do i put the radiator", its fairly obvious that the motor is too far forward.

I'm sure your aware of this put the more weight you put forward of the crossmember the more it becomes unbalanced, a car that it too front heavy will be prone to understeer.

no your not the first to do this and I'm "bashing my keyboard" for good reason. okay so i was fairly pissed off last night and i kinda took some of that out on your thread. ill give you the run down on the s13 gear.

benefits:

cheap brake upgrade, if you use ca18 brake you can still fit 14's over them which is a plus to some people

used coilovers are fairly cheap and easy to get along with a std brake setup compared to move conventional methods

huge amounts of lock is achievable

downfalls:

severely upsets front end geometry (because it has no droop as the suspension moved)

steering gets heavier as you turn which gives it an inconsistency

perhaps for just a cheap drift car than it maybe exceptable but 2 of my mates who have gone with s13 gear, liked the amount of lock and was happy to start with but realised later that it really just doesn't work. one removed the set-up and sold it and the other put up with it until he is able to afford a 86 coilover setup. you wouldn't even think for a second of using it in a car that was going to be used primarily for grip driving, it doesn't matter quite as much with suspension for a drift setup especially as a lower "thrasher/fun" level.

as for my comments on a ca, even in standard for they are going to power a 900kg car along fairly easily as you have probaly figured and can usually be picked up fairly cheaply as they seem to be the 4ac of the nissan world. if it was going to be a dedicated track car then your able to cut the fire wall so you can mount the motor as far back as possible. you can potentially improve the weight distribution if your willing to put in extra work to archive this. how ever most do not then you see people doing engine conversions and going, "hhmm where do i put the radiator", its fairly obvious that the motor is too far forward.

I'm sure your aware of this put the more weight you put forward of the crossmember the more it becomes unbalanced, a car that it too front heavy will be prone to understeer.

hahaha thanks for ur imput much appreciated,

hey fellas, just thought i would share my experience on this

i have CA18 brakes in my ke70, with JIC base adjustable coil overs.

i have none of the problems as spoken to above^^^

don't know what you mean buy "stuff up your geometry" but i don't get any bumpsteer

and its a low model 25yr old Toyota corolla, i severely doubt it has uber refined race-car like geometry in the first place...

only thing you need to get is make sure you get LONG coilovers, so you get enough suspension droop to make it nice to drive

my coil overs are a little short, only allowing about 50mm of droop, makes for a slightly uncomfortable ride, but damn it handles well!!!

if any one has any other questions feel free to ask me :dance: