Nt Off-topic

ancullen

I'm still hoping to have it ready for a track test this year. Whether it happens or not is another thing. :P I've just found out that half of my Sunday is unavailable to work on cars, and Saturday was already half taken. The rest will be taken up by working on the GT-Four. Hopefully sometime I get a chance to work on the TA22. All I want to do at this stage is take the 4A-GZE out of Lola and start test fitting it in the TA22 to make engine mounts. Then I'll need to weld plates to the front suspension towers so I can install the AE86 struts. There's not actually a real lot to do to make the car driveable.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm definitely up for bowling this Saturday. Can do a cruise too, but the GT-Four won't be ready in time. I'm hoping to drop the motor out this weekend. :P

Bowling is still on guys, so if you are coming, let me know (mobile is 0400166541). Time is 7pm tonight, (Saturday the 12th) I've got us down for 6 so far...

Edited by Sirolla

Bowling was great fun - we should definitely do it again sometime.

Here's the results - Tim, Anthony, and Ace (Matthew) were three mates I brought along. The others are Daven, Schmo (Joe), Ripof (Andrew - cause he got ripped off :(), and me - who else would it be?

post-397-1215990022_thumb.jpg

post-397-1215990028_thumb.jpg

post-397-1215990034_thumb.jpg

post-397-1215990038_thumb.jpg

Results:

First - Matthew - 344

Second - Daven - 310

Third - Tim - 242

Fourth - Adam - 229

Fifth - Anthony - 219

Sixth - Andrew - 177

Seventh - Dead Last - Flogged - Well and Truely Beaten - Joe - 152

thats like the HP of joes car as well

dead last

ahahaha sal good ke70's good fun

went into jsm today talked about building an engine

got a scare at the price

probably do it my self just keep forged pistons new rings, beaffy rods, bearings and rod bolts, new oil and water pump should be good for 200 rwkws

we'll see

Edited by ae174agze

Nah not a 35/40 lol.

Its an American Built turbo, Precision SC50, its a T3/T4 hybrid rated at 450hp.

Makes 5psi at 4000 rpm, 10psi at 4500rpm, 15psi at 4750 & 20psi at around 5000ishrpm (From dyno graph)

It comes on hard and fast, and it has lag(which is expected)

Edit: BP Ultimate is also at $200.09 a litre lol

Edited by Pure-SX

went into jsm today talked about building an engine

got a scare at the price

probably do it my self just keep forged pistons new rings, beaffy rods, bearings and rod bolts, new oil and water pump should be good for 200 rwkws

we'll see

Forged pistons - $800

Forged rods - $500

ARP bolts (full kit) - $400

New bearings (guess) - $300

New water pump - $200

Second hand 4A-GE - $300

Aftermarket ECU - $2,000

Tuning - $500

Turbo manifold - $500

TOTAL - $5,500

That's right, for about $5,500 you would have a tough-as-nails 4A-GTE which should do the 200rwkw you want. These prices are off the top of my head, and could be inaccurate. But it's like I suggested on Saturday - buy one of my 4A-GE's and put proper forged stuff inside it. It will be far stronger than a 4A-GZE and will make the power you want. DO EET!!!

Depending on what style manifold is being used might be upwards of that, the better quality/better designed manifolds are going for closer to $1000.

But I would imagine the rest of that is pretty spot on, if you were getting stuff machined/acid dipped/balanced add more. If you are getting someone to put it together add more.

Then gearbox(you already have one) clutch etc

Car should be here this week YAYYYYY

Gonna test the SLR camera at the drags on the weekend along with night shots this week

or just buy a low km 4agze strap ur turbo gear on big intercooler wind it up to 17psi there u go thats 150kw to start with and when u get bored of that u can wind more boost in and do the head work for better flow blah blah but hey do what eva u want i know what I'm doin..

adam reply to my email u snob...

yeah adam thats basicly what i was playing with

anyone has a 100kw bottem end, and oil squirters

the one with 42mm big ends and 20mm gudgen pins

and a big port or small port head good condish

not adam becuase he'll rip me off nah jokes

let us know

yeah adam thats basicly what i was playing with

anyone has a 100kw bottem end, and oil squirters

the one with 42mm big ends and 20mm gudgen pins

and a big port or small port head good condish

not adam becuase he'll rip me off nah jokes

let us know

As soon as you put the different conrods and pistons in, won't you lose the oil squirters? If the silvertop comes with them, then just buy my silvertop and bigport and combine the bits together that you want. And don't even joke about me trying to rip you off - I kept telling you that you were being ripped off by the guy down south, but you wouldn't listen to me then. Since then I've offered you the bigport motor for only $200. No it doesn't have compression on two cylinders, but you're going to fix that by pulling it apart and rebuilding it anyway. The silvertop is $500 if you want it. It doesn't have an ECU, but you're welcome to do a compression test on it before committing to buying it. I do have someone else who wants the silvertop though, so it may be sold in the near future.